Page 38 of 102 FirstFirst ... 182830313233343536373839404142434445464858 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_89 View Post
    Anyone having issues field stripping there wks? Took mine to range today for the first time worked great but when I went to clean it the upper will not separate from the lower, any ideas or other people having this issue?
    The back plate on mine (the takedown 'button' is a part of it) is incredibly tight inside the upper. I've oiled it well, but I still have to put a fair amount of force on it to get it in or out. Give it a good push inward with a screwdriver, then once it is open, put your hand over the back plate and slam the bolt carrier back into it to pop it out of the upper receiver.
    NSC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NSC1234 View Post
    Give it a good push inward with a screwdriver,

It has a round divot in it so you can use a 223 round.....
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    It has a round divot in it so you can use a 223 round.....
    This is true. Unfortunately, mine needed something with a little more grip for a little more persuasion the first time.
    NSC

Picked up my rifle today and started swapping on new parts but I cannot get the barrel nut loose.

I'd really leaned on it with a 8" wrench while in my vice to no avail. I tried adding a little heat with a heatgun, I didn't want to risk melting the nylon bushing with a torch.
    I'm going to go out and get a new 1-1/8 wrench that I can fit a cheater bar over.

Any tips?

Edit: N/M, got it in the end. Just needed a 3' cheater bar on a spud wrench.
    Last edited by HeK; 01-20-2019 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Solved problem.

I had my WK out to the range for the first time today and I was getting constant failures to extract. The empty casing would stay in the chamber and I would get a double feed on the next round.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Last edited by Baitcaster; 01-25-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    I had my WK out to the range for the first time today and I was getting constant failures to extract. The empty casing would stay in the chamber and I would get a double feed on the next round.

Try a different ammo?

Were you using Independence 5.56 by any chance? I was running into the same issue but only with the one specific ammo

I had the same problem. its a out of spec extractor. I swapped it out with a replacement extractor and was gtg after that.

Quote Originally Posted by canadaboi View Post
    Were you using Independence 5.56 by any chance? I was running into the same issue but only with the one specific ammo
    No, Remington. 223.

Bleaches, did you get the new extractor from Kodiak?