CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 969

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

  1. #21
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    What about the part in the new gun laws announced today that manufactures can not classify their own manufactured firearms in & for sale in Canada ?
    manufacturers were NEVER able to classify their own firearms,what Wolverine did and i must congradulate them on that one,is copy an existing receiver design that is already Non-restricted,genius really,actually any good machinist could do the same for his own purpose,but Wolverine has the manufacturing capabilty established to be able to pull this off,

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    58
    This is not a technical question, but I am not sure where else to ask it. I am also sure this is a question many other people have.

    Hypothetically speaking, if I were to pay the $200 down paypent (or pay in full) before June 30th, would all of my information be taken down and the rifle transfered to me as per the upcoming law, seeing as the rifle would be shipped next fall? Or would this not apply since it is already bought and paid for?

  3. #23
    CGN frequent flyer migrant hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern Alberta
    Posts
    1,472
    I suspect the law would apply at the time of the transfer of the firearm rather than the payment. Hopefully the bill is a long way from coming into law.

  4. #24
    Member robocop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dinosaur Capital Canada
    Posts
    48
    How are you guys this awesome? ... this is my technical question!! Pre ordered two on principle!!!!

  5. #25
    Wolverine Supplies - CGN Sponsor Mr Wolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Manitoba. Canada
    Posts
    567
    Gas systems


    Our working prototypes were short length gas pistons, I wanted to change to mid length as I felt it would give a more balanced look. On reflection we have decided to stay with the short length gas system but using a mid length hand guard, we are getting good accuracy with this set up, so why change. We may look at mid length or even rifle length gas systems in the future but no promises, this could be 9 or 12 months away.

    I did announce that all production guns were going to be mid length gas system, they will not, they will be short. If any one has ordered the WK180-C based on the mid length gas system they can cancel and have a full refund. Given that this change was mine and not as forecast I will, for this occurrence only, not charge the $50 admin fee if anyone wishes to cancel, sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused for some customers.

    We still expect that the first orders will be filled in May, not sure what our weekly deliveries will be at this time.
    John Hipwell
    Wolverine Supplies
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    Fax: (204) 748-1805
    E-mail: John@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com


  6. #26
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Gulag, chopping rotten wood
    Posts
    23,148
    I also asked if there was an L85 type door. So it wouldn't make a difference what gas system and handguard is used.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It canít be bargained with. It canít be reasoned with. It doesnít feel pity, or remorse, only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone. Vote out LibNet.

  7. #27
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Gas systems


    Our working prototypes were short length gas pistons, I wanted to change to mid length as I felt it would give a more balanced look. On reflection we have decided to stay with the short length gas system but using a mid length hand guard, we are getting good accuracy with this set up, so why change. We may look at mid length or even rifle length gas systems in the future but no promises, this could be 9 or 12 months away.

    I did announce that all production guns were going to be mid length gas system, they will not, they will be short. If any one has ordered the WK180-C based on the mid length gas system they can cancel and have a full refund. Given that this change was mine and not as forecast I will, for this occurrence only, not charge the $50 admin fee if anyone wishes to cancel, sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused for some customers.

    We still expect that the first orders will be filled in May, not sure what our weekly deliveries will be at this time.
    Do we have any updated images on the rifle with the gas system and new handguard? Will the takedown of the gas system be impeded by the longer handguard?

  8. #28
    Wolverine Supplies - CGN Sponsor Mr Wolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Manitoba. Canada
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by canadaboi View Post
    Do we have any updated images on the rifle with the gas system and new handguard? Will the takedown of the gas system be impeded by the longer handguard?
    Unfortunately images of the completed hand guard will be one of the last available. The gas piston and spring will come forward through and out of the gas block similar to the FN FAL rifle, the means that the hand guard can cover the gas block with out hindering take down for routine maintenance. A long allen key will be required to take out the gas plug.
    John Hipwell
    Wolverine Supplies
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    Fax: (204) 748-1805
    E-mail: John@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com


  9. #29
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    A long allen key will be required to take out the gas plug.
    Any chance of an extended gas plug (give it a few more inches of meat at the front) to allow for disassembly without tools? Just long enough so a user can access it from under the handguard

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    94
    Can you tell us what the bolt and carrier are made from now? I waited patiently��

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •