Page 40 of 102 FirstFirst ... 203032333435363738394041424344454647485060 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Quote Originally Posted by juddy111 View Post
    Having trouble getting the piston to fall out. Yes I have the Allen screw out and yes I’ve tried racking the bolt a number of times. Also, the hand guard screws are unbelievably tight. I got 6 of 8 out with a lot of force and ruined the other two. Anyone have the same issue? Will simple heating with a heat gun make it easier?
    You can push the piston out from the chamber side with a cleaning rod

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    You can push the piston out from the chamber side with a cleaning rod
    Thanks... Semi Auto newb here... appreciate it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    First time so 115 rds. fired ..chinese 55 grain.Gun feels good..Problems were all mag related

4 IMI pistol mags..would not load from mag
    6 Hera 5/30 mostly single shot
    4 PMag 5/30..these ran 100%
    5 RRA pistol mags..these ran 100%
    3 jobber 5/30 mags from Martin at Corwin..these ran 100%

I'll separate out the mags that don't run and try them again as the gun gets broken in
    Don't see any charging handle chatter yet..But I did grease the rails
    Gas block seems tight..

I apologize if this has been asked already:
    If I wanted to make the rifle restricted I could install any size AR15 barrel with a carbine gas length ?
    Play more, with Claymore

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANxCANADIAN View Post
    If I wanted to make the rifle restricted I could install any size AR15 barrel with a carbine gas length ?
    I am not sure I understand your question, why would you want to make her restricted? Everything you can do with a restricted rifle can be done witha non restricted rifle!

If you were to re barrel her with a barrel shorter than 18.5 inches she would have to be registered as restricted. We have an FRT for both 12 and 16 inches but an FRT could be created for any other barrel length.

Do not shorten the existing 18.7 inch barrel to less than 18 inches as that would create a prohibited firearm.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 01-27-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Why would you do that? Buy a cheap S&W or Ruger AR15 for a restricted and keep the non restricted guns non restricted.

Edit: You beat me to it John. ��

Thank you, I understand what you are saying, but I just wanted to know if it was possible.
    Play more, with Claymore

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVEL View Post
    Why would you do that? Buy a cheap S&W or Ruger AR15 for a restricted and keep the non restricted guns non restricted.
    ^^^ what this guy says BIG TIME!!

The moment you change classification and register your firearm you can no longer "sell" it to that Mike guy....

KEEP THE NR GUNS NR. FULL STOP. PERIOD.

If you want your gun on a list just go buy one that's already on a list. No need to unnecessarily add another to the list.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    ^^^ what this guy says BIG TIME!!

The moment you change classification and register your firearm you can no longer "sell" it to that Mike guy....

KEEP THE NR GUNS NR. FULL STOP. PERIOD.

If you want your gun on a list just go buy one that's already on a list. No need to unnecessarily add another to the list.
    Yes, everyone calm your horses, it was just a big hypothetical. For arguements sake then: Can I put a different AR15 barrel onto the gun as long as it is carbine gas length ?
    Play more, with Claymore

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Yes, everyone calm your horses, it was just a big hypothetical. For arguements sake then: Can I put a different AR15 barrel onto the gun as long as it is carbine gas length ?
    Yes you can. There is a vendor on this site who has 18.6" Maple Ridge Armoury barrels made specifically for the WK180-C.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."