Page 44 of 102 FirstFirst ... 243436373839404142434445464748495051525464 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    I replaced my extractor and spring and it works fine now.
    Interesting, I also wrote Kodiak a service email so we will see. Did they send you a replacement extractor and spring? I see some using the o-ring as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1452 View Post
    Interesting, I also wrote Kodiak a service email so we will see. Did they send you a replacement extractor and spring? I see some using the o-ring as well.
    Kodiak advised me to install the O-ring that came in the spare parts kit. I decided to buy a new spring and extractor. I also installed a spring guide and O-ring. I figured If I'm going to take it apart I might as well replace everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    Kodiak advised me to install the O-ring that came in the spare parts kit. I decided to buy a new spring and extractor. I also installed a spring guide and O-ring. I figured If I'm going to take it apart I might as well replace everything.
    Very good, and yes I feel the same way. Just an update, Owen from Kodiak is sending me the spare parts bag from Kodiak, and I went ahead last night and ordered the BCM extractor spring and o-ring upgrade. Found a 1/16" o-ring at work and decided to try it in the extractor assembly (Yes I know, it is probably not the right o-ring material for the application) and low and behold went and shot around 100 rounds no problems at all. Pretty thrilled, had quite a bit of fun besides the cold temperatures...

Who made the handguard and would it be possible to get one the same design in either 13-14"?

I got my gun back a week or so ago, about 2 weeks to get get fixed and back to me, very fast. Looks like a new barrel, gas block and piston. Put about 100 rounds thru it on Monday, all without issue.

Now the bushnell trs26 that I put on it. Constantly flickering on and off. I just can’t get anything to work right.

Quote Originally Posted by SkertReynolds View Post
    Who made the handguard and would it be possible to get one the same design in either 13-14"?
    I too would be interested in a longer version of the stock handguard.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just go to show how much expertise and QC is needed to run a production of firearms...
    I'm sure Kodiak has learnt a lot.. which is great for their future projects..
    Keeping everything within workable tolerences during production is a huge undertaking.. Gun Jesus had a vid about gun blueprints versus production
    The more guns are sold the better ..
    Good on you Kodiak and John

Had a friends NIB WK180-C out fired a 100 rounds, the safety came lose on the left side (Id like to/exspect see some locktight on screws from factory Kodiak) and the magnet on the charging handle came off at some point and was disintegrated inside the action (Kodiak already contacted) perhaps a better design or attachment is required for the magnet to the charging handle.

Fun gun like the the Canadian made product and supporting two Canadian companies. Will buy when them are a stock item.
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Mine is missing the c clamp where the barrel mates with the lower. Just broke it down today and cleaning it up.
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

I had my wk-180 out for the first time today, fun gun for sure but I did have a few malfunctions. I only put 80 rounds through it but had at least 10-15 failure to extract malfunctions. At least 5 failure to eject, and 10 or so failure to feed. The failure to feed I’m blaming on the mags. The supplies Hera mags worked great but I tried a Tapco mag it didn’t work well at first. After loading it a few times it worked better. The other mags I tried were xcr pistol mags. They worked ok for the most part the spring tension is quite high at 10 rounds. 9 was ok 8 worked best. Al the mags are new and haven’t been used till today so I’m guessing they will get better also. The ammo I was shooting was federal 62gr trophy bonded bear claw. The groups were less than stellar but that could be me more so than the rifle.