Page 48 of 102 FirstFirst ... 283840414243444546474849505152535455565868 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kuffs06 View Post
    Well he was pretty convincing in his explanation. This is my first AR style firearm so I have no idea. The reason people come here is to ask questions and learn.
    I don’t know if I should laugh or call him a wanker
    it's pretty standard. The cheaper you want the gun made the rougher it will be. Same as High points models , cheap but not pretty.
    With the Wk180 just focus on the fun and reliability and you will be happy. Kind of like a woman that ain't much of a looker but she gives back rubs and makes sandwich's. Just love your gun for what it is.

Well I honestly couldn’t be happier. its my first black rifle so I just didn’t know. I did recently see a BCL 102 and it had the same finish on the barrel.
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

As far as the upper/lower play is concerned, I can understand how it might bug some folks. If you are into traditional guns more than black stuff (as I am) the play takes some getting used to, but it is a non-issue. The WK I owned for awhile had play, yes...but much less than the last Swiss Arms PE90 I owned. That thing wiggled twice as much as the WK...and cost more than 3 times as much! What a bargain...

You'll enjoy the WK180, for the money it costs it's tough to beat.
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

CGN Regular William_mississauga's Avatar
    Thanks for the Help!
    Last edited by William_mississauga; 03-10-2019 at 08:53 AM.

So fired about 100 rounds through my WK today. Worked perfect with the supplied mag. I had two failures with the LAR mags on the first round when releasing the bolt. No sure if the mag inserted too far or if it was just too much spring tension. Only happened with two mags so might just be a break in issues.

The upper and lower have some wiggle - I don't think it had this much when I first got it. Not a big deal to me.

One warning for anyone getting one of these is to be very careful inserting bolt into the receiver. It's stated in the manual - which I found out after (cause I'm a man). Basically if the front of the bolt is not fully extended when you put it in the receiver it will jam into the receiver - like badly jam.

This gun needs a brass deflector. I inserted a magpul cover as someone has suggested and it worked great - to protect the section under the cover. I have brass marks over and below the rail cover. I thought I had a brilliant solution last week in the form of a magnet. Well turns out that magnets work better on steel not the aluminum that the upper is apparently made of.

Accuracy testing will come next but probably not until the snow is gone. I ditched the iron sights and faux Eotech for a 3-9 Bushnell scope I had laying around.

Overall impressions are good. Frankly I'm an AR15 guy and nothing will ever be as good to me. But for the price point and NR status, I don't think you can go wrong with the WK.

Play

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    As far as the upper/lower play is concerned, I can understand how it might bug some folks. If you are into traditional guns more than black stuff (as I am) the play takes some getting used to, but it is a non-issue. The WK I owned for awhile had play, yes...but much less than the last Swiss Arms PE90 I owned. That thing wiggled twice as much as the WK...and cost more than 3 times as much! What a bargain...

You'll enjoy the WK180, for the money it costs it's tough to beat.
    My wk has a lot of play it’s ridiculous, they have been talking about o ring and I don’t even know where to get one. I am also still waiting for a brass deflector, the wait is almost like exciting as wk did. I can’t wait to get the fake suppressor with muzzle too.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    My wk has a lot of play it’s ridiculous, they have been talking about o ring and I don’t even know where to get one. I am also still waiting for a brass deflector, the wait is almost like exciting as wk did. I can’t wait to get the fake suppressor with muzzle too.
    Rubber O ring size has been mentioned in other threads...
    Completely eliminated play in mine and cost basically nothing.
    Plumbing section CT HD online ya can likely order bunch of em for few bucks once ya find proper size.

CGN Regular
    1/16 wide, 5/8 OD, 1/2 ID
    This one I think was 1 mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Freetard View Post
    I’m having horrible luck with guns, I almost got more broken guns then working ones. Jard j48 with broken lugs, pps50 with broken guide rods, derya shot gun that lost its knob. And then the ruger last weekend, and the wk this weekend.
    hehe :P I can't wait for me to get my first modern rifle. I think I will have more bad luck then you at first but I'm a dedicated learner so give me a few months and I will be able to basic gunsmith.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    These are the o-rings you want - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1