Page 56 of 102 FirstFirst ... 364648495051525354555657585960616263646676 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Quote Originally Posted by kuffs06 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. That’s honestly the only part of the design I don’t like. It’s not a very strong magnet
    I Emailed Kodiak yesterday to inquire whether they would offer the scew-in charging handle as an upgrade for existing owners. I will advise you when I hear back from them.

Quote Originally Posted by WereWeasel View Post
    That issue has been resolved on the new production units mine came with a threaded bolt handle, no burrs and everything was tight. I used this thread as a guide for inspection seems solid but I haven't put a round down range yet.
    One thing I would highly recommend is stripping the thing removing all the oil and relubricate. Mine looks as though it was phosphated and oil over top of without removing any residue but cleaning a firearm before first use is common.
    Kodiak recommend that the new threaded in bolt handle is tightened finger tight and then 1/8 of a turn more, using a suitable pin through the provided hole.

CGN Regular
    I did same Baitcaster they mentioned they should be avail for purchase mid may so they had a surplus of them to not effect production rifles going out price mentioned was around $120 for carrier and handle but were not done doing math on production costs...

Quote Originally Posted by iceangler650 View Post
    I did same Baitcaster they mentioned they should be avail for purchase mid may so they had a surplus of them to not effect production rifles going out price mentioned was around $120 for carrier and handle but were not done doing math on production costs...
    Here's the response I got:

"We are proud of the rifles we make and have responded to input from customers; upgrading our production a few times since our initial batch. Future rifles will have screw-in cocking handles due to the many customers who requested them. We anticipate being able to sell the parts as an upgrade, once we have enough of a surplus of bolt carriers and cocking handles to not impact our production. (There are customers still waiting patiently for theirs to arrive.)"

I know this has came up before i just recieved my 180 and in five rounds i am haveing the bolt handle making contact with the receiver and material transfer between the bolt handel and reciever is there a fix for this or just live with it?

A screw in charging handle with a pin hole you can insert something into to torque an 1/8 of a turn...

Really ? This is the best thing you guys could come up with for a part thats meant to be interchangeable, removable, left open when its on the opposite side, and most of all will be yanked on by every canada to lay their hands on it...

Is there a plug for the other side ? What happens when some carbon builds up in the hole and you cant seat the handle all the way home and it protrudes from the receiver and destroys the aluminum because some newb didnt know and fire 500 rounds...

Im not happy with the current setup, but with all that material to work with in the bolt, something better could be thought up.

I love the idea and the execution of the wk-180c, and have always appreciated what you guys have brought forward. But this idea seems wrong. I havent seen a picture. Maybe its a fantastic idea. But we shall see
    Someone stop the planet and let me off for awhile. I need a break from all this stupidity!!! - posted by Northern Amateur

Last edited by diablo_man; 08-14-2019 at 06:42 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot50 View Post
    I know this has came up before i just recieved my 180 and in five rounds i am haveing the bolt handle making contact with the receiver and material transfer between the bolt handel and reciever is there a fix for this or just live with it?
    Two more suggestions as temp fixes until the threaded handle and bolt carrier are available. I don't know if either will work. Could you apply a small amount of black electric tape to the wear section of the handle channel edge? Or to the part of the handle that is contacting the channel edge. Or could you wrap the part of the charging that has play in the bolt carrier's socket with tape or a gasket to keep it from moving? I imagine the tape would wear out, but it could be replaced periodically until the permanent fix is available, as long as it does not add enough friction to the system that it causes problems cycling.

I have the threaded bolt handle already some small marks seemed to show up right away but dont seem to be getting any worse.

Can Anyone post a picture of the new threaded handle and bolt?
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!