Page 57 of 102 FirstFirst ... 374749505152535455565758596061626364656777 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Just me or is wolverine's website down?
    Lest We Forget

Quote Originally Posted by super_sharp_shooter View Post
    Just me or is wolverine's website down?
    Yes it is down and has been since Sunday afternoon. We are working on getting it back ASAP. Our phone system and e-mails are all working flat out!

Wk 180c.Overpressure???..so...took delivery of my new rifle March 5 and took it apart..cleaned and oiled I headed out to the range. Ran 100 rounds through it(federal 556)..took it home and was alarmed at the amount of damage to the upper receiver where the bolt handle rides. Deep gouges after only one hundred rounds does not add up to that receiver lasting any length of time. Whats it going to be like after 1000 rounds? The second time I took the rifle out I ran only 5 shots through it when it jammed. The neck of the cartridge was badly mangled and almost penetrated. This happened on chambering, not extraction.(scary). Upon inspection I found one of the teeth on the bolt had sheared off. Sent it back to Kodiak ($100) and they were very quick to replace the bolt and send the rifle back. My problem is that I do not trust this rifle. BOLTS DONT BREAK!! If the bolt broke than it is either an overpressure issue or the bolt was not cast properly. Either case is not good...either bad workmanship on the bolt (how many others?)...or rifle not chambered correctly. This overpressure issue has been documented in other posts with owners finding primer pieces in bolts and carriers while cleaning. Kodiak also says the wear on the inside of the receiver is not going to hamper function. I'm sure it wont...until it does...So I'm gonna sell it now while I can.
    Last edited by DADROSS; 04-11-2019 at 01:47 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DADROSS View Post
    Wk 180c.Overpressure???..so...took delivery of my new rifle March 5 and took it apart..cleaned and oiled I headed out to the range. Ran 100 rounds through it(federal 556)..took it home and was alarmed at the amount of damage to the upper receiver where the bolt handle rides. Deep gouges after only one hundred rounds does not add up to that receiver lasting any length of time. Whats it going to be like after 1000 rounds? The second time I took the rifle out I ran only 5 shots through it when it jammed. The neck of the cartridge was badly mangled and almost penetrated. This happened on chambering, not extraction.(scary). Upon inspection I found one of the teeth on the bolt had sheared off. Sent it back to Kodiak ($100) and they were very quick to replace the bolt and send the rifle back. My problem is that I do not trust this rifle. BOLTS DONT BREAK!! If the bolt broke than it is either an overpressure issue or the bolt was not cast properly. Either case is not good...either bad workmanship on the bolt (how many others?)...or rifle not chambered correctly. This overpressure issue has been documented in other posts with owners finding primer pieces in bolts and carriers while cleaning. Kodiak also says the wear on the inside of the receiver is not going to hamper function. I'm sure it wont...until it does...So I'm gonna sell it now while I can.
    Bolt lugs (that's what they're called, not 'teeth') do break on bolts, even AR15s. Bolts are also not cast, they're machined.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Big JD-From the hills's Avatar
    Just picked up one of these that was on the shelf at the local gun dealer.

My inital impression is positive, and I'm really picky about things. The overall design fit and finish is good. I would change a few things about the shape of the trigger guard and placement of the trigger. Also would like to see a pinned on gas block but hey set screws will make future replacement easy. My mag well is on the tight side... but I can work with that.

Threaded In bolt handle = awesome!! This was the reason I had no interest in this rifle prior to this. It can be installed and removed no mater the position of the bolt, it's not going to back out and chew anything up...

Like how the bolt glides on the two guide rods... I think this feature is really going to increase reliability over the ar 15 in cold weather ect. Way less surface area for lube to get sticky, and in my opinion will make dust intrusion a non issue.

Keep up the good work, look forward to future stock adapters, looking for something folding like the type 81

Oh question on ammo, should we just stick with bulk .223 for blasting/plinking?, can this gun digest high volumes of the hotter 5.56 that's out there with no issues?

And it will run fine without the flash hider? I plan on removing mine just to reduce the oal a bit.
    Last edited by Big JD-From the hills; 04-11-2019 at 05:00 PM.

I know is probably answered somewhere but,with the release of these from brownells https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod127762.aspx can wolverine get them,and are they compatible with our WK’s?

Yes yes I know restricted/blah blah blah,don’t care,I want one for range use.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Big JD-From the hills View Post
    Just picked up one of these that was on the shelf at the local gun dealer.

My inital impression is positive, and I'm really picky about things. The overall design fit and finish is good. I would change a few things about the shape of the trigger guard and placement of the trigger. Also would like to see a pinned on gas block but hey set screws will make future replacement easy. My mag well is on the tight side... but I can work with that.

Threaded In bolt handle = awesome!! This was the reason I had no interest in this rifle prior to this. It can be installed and removed no mater the position of the bolt, it's not going to back out and chew anything up...

Like how the bolt glides on the two guide rods... I think this feature is really going to increase reliability over the ar 15 in cold weather ect. Way less surface area for lube to get sticky, and in my opinion will make dust intrusion a non issue.

Keep up the good work, look forward to future stock adapters, looking for something folding like the type 81

Oh question on ammo, should we just stick with bulk .223 for blasting/plinking?, can this gun digest high volumes of the hotter 5.56 that's out there with no issues?

And it will run fine without the flash hider? I plan on removing mine just to reduce the oal a bit.
    You just answered my problem. That bolt handle is threaded in not just held in by a magnet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    I know is probably answered somewhere but,with the release of these from brownells https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod127762.aspx can wolverine get them,and are they compatible with our WK’s?

I don't know if Wolverine will carry it, but I know it is definitely not compatible with the WK. This BRN180S is an upper for an AR-15; the point of the WK is it is based on the different design of the AR-180, and thus the uppers and lowers of WK will not mate with the AR-15 at all; this incompatibility allows the WK to remain unrestricted.

If you want the BRN-180S, you will need to acquire an AR-15 lower to have it sit on, as well as the other parts to complete your restricted firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post

Not compatible with the WK180.

Probably can't bring it into the country due to restrictions anyways.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Both of mines came with the treaded handle, they look like well built rifles and the point price is quite resonnable.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.