Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cuddahy View Post
    So I'm contemplating ordering one of your rifles and I'm also looking at the Nodak spud rifle. No one has brought this to light. So I feel the question needs to be asked, with bill C71 lurking over us and your rifle not having an FRT what happens if the RCMP decide to class it as prohibited. Your 180C is a new platform and not having a polymer lower does that not open the door to having the rifle classed as a 180 and there prohibited??

Would I get a full refund if this happens
    The FRT is just a legal opinion. Not the law.

Nothing about C71 changes the fact that any gun cam go prohib at any time. The 180b is NR. The 180C has more in common with the B then the original. Neither the B or the C fits a rational interpretation of variant or modified version. There will be a line up of people willing to put this in front of a judge, and believe me if all goes for naught dont worry about a refund. There will be a line up of people willing to buy it from you at a premium.

PS not a technical question
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Pvc
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by cuddahy View Post
    So I'm contemplating ordering one of your rifles and I'm also looking at the Nodak spud rifle. No one has brought this to light. So I feel the question needs to be asked, with bill C71 lurking over us and your rifle not having an FRT what happens if the RCMP decide to class it as prohibited. Your 180C is a new platform and not having a polymer lower does that not open the door to having the rifle classed as a 180 and there prohibited??

Would I get a full refund if this happens
    Our policy is very simple and applies to the WK180-C and any other firearm. If the law changes after we have shipped to the customer we are not responsible and can not give refunds, exchanges or anything else. If the law changes before we ship you get a refund, and we do not ship. We do not see the FRT as relevant it is after all only a "Reference Table" nothing more, it is not law and as we have seen it can be changed in either direction at any time.

With or with out an FRT any firearm is not immune from re-classification at any time. That is a fact of life in the world that we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    pvc
    wd40

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Our policy is very simple and applies to the WK180-C and any other firearm. If the law changes after we have shipped to the customer we are not responsible and can not give refunds, exchanges or anything else. If the law changes before we ship you get a refund, and we do not ship. We do not see the FRT as relevant it is after all only a "Reference Table" nothing more, it is not law and as we have seen it can be changed in either direction at any time.

With or with out an FRT any firearm is not immune from re-classification at any time. That is a fact of life in the world that we live in.
    Ill freely admit I do not fully understand the implications of the new gun bill but have you heard anything if the RCMP will need an FRT number for personal transfers IE for a used gun from one person to the next? Sorry this is not a technical question please delete if you see fit.

Gas systems

Our working prototypes were short length gas pistons, I wanted to change to mid length as I felt it would give a more balanced look. On reflection we have decided to stay with the short length gas system but using a mid length hand guard, we are getting good accuracy with this set up, so why change. We may look at mid length or even rifle length gas systems in the future but no promises, this could be 9 or 12 months away.

I did announce that all production guns were going to be mid length gas system, they will not, they will be short. If any one has ordered the WK180-C based on the mid length gas system they can cancel and have a full refund. Given that this change was mine and not as forecast I will, for this occurrence only, not charge the $50 admin fee if anyone wishes to cancel, sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused for some customers.

We still expect that the first orders will be filled in May, not sure what our weekly deliveries will be at this time.

So.... does this mean standard carbine length? Just curious as I would probably like to swap out the barrel for a lightweight one when I get mine, as I wanted to have a light-as-possible 223 rifle. I hope that aftermarket AR15 handguards will still work!

Quote Originally Posted by gutinater View Post
    Ill freely admit I do not fully understand the implications of the new gun bill but have you heard anything if the RCMP will need an FRT number for personal transfers IE for a used gun from one person to the next? Sorry this is not a technical question please delete if you see fit.
    No worries, I haven't heard anything alone these lines but lets stop and think about this. Who provides the FRT? By what authority do they issue an FRT? What is the liability for them and you if they made a mistake? Thousands of "Custom guns" do not have an FRT, what happens if some one decides your gun or my gun (As in all 300 CZ 858 rifles) are really special editions and need a new FRT because of an engraved bolt carrier and wood furniture? What happens if some one has tampered with the gun, unbeknown to you and changed it's status? We must not forget the FRT is a "useful" reference table to help people correctly ID a firearm but when push comes to shove the gun will be sent to the RCMP SFSS for identification.

That is my opinion take it for what it is worth, it is after all only an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    So.... does this mean standard carbine length? Just curious as I would probably like to swap out the barrel for a lightweight one when I get mine, as I wanted to have a light-as-possible 223 rifle. I hope that aftermarket AR15 handguards will still work!
    Yes standard length, to keep with in our target retail we have tried to use as many off the shelf parts as we can. Hand guards should interchange.

No worries, I haven't heard anything alone these lines but lets stop and think about this. Who provides the FRT? By what authority do they issue an FRT? What is the liability for them and you if they made a mistake? Thousands of "Custom guns" do not have an FRT, what happens if some one decides your gun or my gun (As in all 300 CZ 858 rifles) are really special editions and need a new FRT because of an engraved bolt carrier and wood furniture? What happens if some one has tampered with the gun, unbeknown to you and changed it's status? We must not forget the FRT is a "useful" reference table to help people correctly ID a firearm but when push comes to shove the gun will be sent to the RCMP SFSS for identification.

That is my opinion take it for what it is worth, it is after all only an opinion.

Thanks John... agreed

So how long is the hand guard if it's going back to carbine length?