Page 61 of 102 FirstFirst ... 415153545556575859606162636465666768697181 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

[QUOTE=Machiavellian100;15899303]I hope this link works. Here goes

Unusual wear on WK180-C (2)

https://imgur.com/gallery/B3hoTCu[/QUOTE

Does your charging handle have a magnet? What would be the reason?

I'm no expert, but so far, I'm not amused. I know it's a rifle built at an affordable pricepoint, but I'm guessing scaling production and QA has become a challenge. I do like it very much, but I'm having second thoughts about keeping it. I may sell it and just get something more expensive but with less bugs. I've had the rifle for 2 weeks and taken it to the range twice, I followed break in to the T. Only a few annoying issues.
    Access Backplate wouldn't work. Kodiak suggested tapping with hammer that got me it. They diligently sent a replacement backplate. Issue persisted. Burrs on upper part of receiver and guide rods had difficulty sliding through bolt. Burrs inside front bolt guide rod channel (forgive me if I use wrong terminology). Did not affect function, just made access for cleaning to require a hammer. Very eastern block. The trigger assemble is the worst I have ever used in my life. I changed it after first use and put in a mil spec ALG ACT. More expense, but more enjoyment. Grip is at an odd angle, but I will be switching that out for a Magpul and it's a mi or quirk.The other thing which does concern me is the receiver wear on a rifle that has less that 200 rounds and has been pampered out of the box. At this rate of wear, the upper receiver will habe a gaping crater by the time it reaches 1000 rounds. This is disappointing.

[QUOTE=Mr.Subzero;15899330]
    Quote Originally Posted by Machiavellian100 View Post
    I hope this link works. Here goes

Unusual wear on WK180-C (2)

https://imgur.com/gallery/B3hoTCu[/QUOTE

Does your charging handle have a magnet? What would be the reason?
    It does have a magnet and I have no idea. I can only theorize that the bolt handle wobbles as the bolt slides back and fort with great inertia.

Quote Originally Posted by Machiavellian100 View Post
    I'm no expert, but so far, I'm not amused. I know it's a rifle built at an affordable pricepoint, but I'm guessing scaling production and QA has become a challenge. I do like it very much, but I'm having second thoughts about keeping it. I may sell it and just get something more expensive but with less bugs. I've had the rifle for 2 weeks and taken it to the range twice, I followed break in to the T. Only a few annoying issues.
    Access Backplate wouldn't work. Kodiak suggested tapping with hammer that got me it. They diligently sent a replacement backplate. Issue persisted. Burrs on upper part of receiver and guide rods had difficulty sliding through bolt. Burrs inside front bolt guide rod channel (forgive me if I use wrong terminology). Did not affect function, just made access for cleaning to require a hammer. Very eastern block. The trigger assemble is the worst I have ever used in my life. I changed it after first use and put in a mil spec ALG ACT. More expense, but more enjoyment. Grip is at an odd angle, but I will be switching that out for a Magpul and it's a mi or quirk.The other thing which does concern me is the receiver wear on a rifle that has less that 200 rounds and has been pampered out of the box. At this rate of wear, the upper receiver will habe a gaping crater by the time it reaches 1000 rounds. This is disappointing.
    I had the same issue. I sent my rifle back to Kodiak and they polished down the guide rods as to allow them to fit better. That was the issue. I guess the upper receiver was slightly out of spec.

I emailed Kodiak. So far their customer service has been excellent. Let's see what they propose. I wouldn't be too happy if I have to shell out more money on a brand new rifle. I will keep everyone posted.
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

Quote Originally Posted by kuffs06 View Post
    Deflector has been out for a while now. 3 to choose from
    yes own one of the 3 thats out.. can't wait for a metal one. count me in.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Well, gave to one of my WC180 for a little spin, went to the picnic table with 10 loaded MFT 10 rounds mags.

Did not have no issues operation wise, just the trigger is bad, i am shopping for a couple off replacement for both my WC180.

Overall it's a good shooting rifle and the mags were dropping free and engaging firmly, only mounted a cheap red dot for the occasion, after zeroing it in, accuracy was good,

The first one passed the test, in a couple of weeks i will test the other one.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Quote Originally Posted by kuffs06 View Post
    I know they are seeing these posts...it would be nice too hear from them. Maybe someone even saying they should be doing something about it
    They're not a business member on CGN, so they technically can't post about it here. They were answering questions with an account but they're no longer allowed to do so unless they pay.
    ‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks for the info. I had no idea. I know I’d seen the answer on the past and was hoping to hear from them again
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Please do keep us posted Machiavellian100. I agree their customer service has been great but they told me it was only cosmetic which is bull. It’s carving into the upper clearly
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!