Page 65 of 102 FirstFirst ... 455557585960616263646566676869707172737585 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Thanks for the info just order from Al Flaherthy two of the Timney trigger 3 pounds small pins.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

I installed an ALG ACT trigger, it includes 2 springs, a light 4.5 pound one (purple color coded) and a heavier 6.5 one. I started with the 4.5 one and I'm impressed. For the 90 bucks CAD spent I got a top notch mil spec experience. I ordered it from Calgary shooting Centre, received it in 3 days. Best budget trigger out there and a million times better than the POS factory trigger, which on mine was disappointing at best.
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Thanks for the info just order from Al Flaherthy two of the Timney trigger 3 pounds small pins.
    You'll be happy with the Timneys
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    You'll be happy with the Timneys
    Another problem solved. Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Another problem solved. Thanks
    I posted a couple pictures of the Timney installed in my WK in a thread a while ago. You can see it fits right in nicely.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ger-in-wk-180c
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I am beyond ticked off right now. Please read Kodiak's response. If any of you are lawyers, please speak up or write to me privately. This issue should be fixed at no cost. These cheeky buggers expect us to pay to fix their mess.

This is their response!

Hi Oscar,

First, thanks for purchasing the WK180C!# We always like to hear from our customers.

#Some wear from the cocking handle is normal.# We have received many inquiries about this and almost universally the only damage had been cosmetic.# But, as this was a common complaint, we have listened to input and have redesigned our Bolt Carrier; the new one uses a screw-in cocking handle which should prevent wear on the inside of the upper receiver.# We plan on offering these for sale as un upgrade starting around the middle of next month, but in all honesty your rifle should be fine as is.# You may notice some wear, especially if you pull outwards on the cocking handle as you use it, but it shouldn’t affect the functionality of your rifle.# If it does affect the functionality, we would be thrilled to repair or replace such parts as are necessary under your warranty.# We strive to keep our customers happy and our warranty service is pretty hard to beat.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly with any future questions, comments, or complaints.

Best wishes,

Owen Herold

Assembly Manager

Kodiak Defence Inc.

CGN frequent flyer Sherlock Gnomes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Machiavellian100 View Post
    I installed an ALG ACT trigger, it includes 2 springs, a light 4.5 pound one (purple color coded) and a heavier 6.5 one. I started with the 4.5 one and I'm impressed. For the 90 bucks CAD spent I got a top notch mil spec experience. I ordered it from Calgary shooting Centre, received it in 3 days. Best budget trigger out there and a million times better than the POS factory trigger, which on mine was disappointing at best.
    Glad to hear this I just ordered one myself.
    Real men use peep sights

My response to Kodiak. I an very disappointed with them and will pursue this as a point of honor. This is FYI. Do what you please and if you want strength in numbers, let me know.

This was my response.

Hi Owen,

This is far from cosmetic. In 100 rounds of use it has blown away half a millimeter of material from the receiver. That's called damage, not wear.This will mean that the longevity of the rifle is compromised as well as potential value.#

Forgive me, but offering a replacement part for sale is not fair to those of us that put money down and patiently waited for our rifles and quite frankly will come back to bite Kodiak in the nether regions.#

Never have I heard that a rifle under warranty requires a customer to buy a part. If it were a car, this would require a recall.#

No blame on you, you're just doing your job, but I feel disappointed and cheated. This is unacceptable and bear in mind that I checked on CGN, and there are many people with this issue that will raise a stink. This is a manufacturing issue, it's under warranty and there are laws in this country. Do you think this will slide by?

I want my rifle to be what was promised. If I had wanted to spend more on a rifle, I would have bought something else.

I want my rifle fixed. I am not going to continue firing it as is, the receiver will be ruined.

Best Regards,

Oscar

I understand that if it affect functionnality they will repair it under warranty, if your rifle is functionig proprely with the previous setup and you want to upgrade it, it is ok to pay. Just saying.

It'll probably cost more to do warranty repairs and return shipping etc. It would be easier to just send a replacement threaded bolt as part of the warranty program. Worst case scenario, the 1500 odd rifles that came without a threaded bolt can be offered a decent discount that'll probably appease the owners of affected units. Kodiak changing its methods and process in the middle of production shouldn't come at the cost of people who have already bought and received rifles with the issue.