Page 66 of 102 FirstFirst ... 465658596061626364656667686970717273747686 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Is anyone able to post a picture of the threaded bolt and threaded bolt handle? I have a friend with a machine shop and will probably try to do this myself. After sending another email to Kodiak today, they keep insisting it is not a problem and only cosmetic. I refuse to give them the extra money for something that should be replaced under warranty.
    I’m at the point where I want to sell this rifle on principle alone. I just can’t sell it unless I fix the problem because I wouldn’t want to do this to somebody else the way Kodiak has done this to me
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by kuffs06 View Post
    Is anyone able to post a picture of the threaded bolt and threaded bolt handle? I have a friend with a machine shop and will probably try to do this myself. After sending another email to Kodiak today, they keep insisting it is not a problem and only cosmetic. I refuse to give them the extra money for something that should be replaced under warranty.
    I’m at the point where I want to sell this rifle on principle alone. I just can’t sell it unless I fix the problem because I wouldn’t want to do this to somebody else the way Kodiak has done this to me
    I think if you machine the handle and the bolt, the existing handle probably won't be big enough to use a die on when the bolt is tapped. Can your friend's shop fabricate a new handle with the right threads? Would it change the bolt tolerances if you tap it? My rifle is with the non-threaded bolt, can't help you with pics.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    For the legality you better buy the new pieces and installed them before selling the rifle because if bad thing happen and your modification break the rifle the person who will have bought it will have no warranty.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer117 View Post
    It'll probably cost more to do warranty repairs and return shipping etc. It would be easier to just send a replacement threaded bolt as part of the warranty program. Worst case scenario, the 1500 odd rifles that came without a threaded bolt can be offered a decent discount that'll probably appease the owners of affected units. Kodiak changing its methods and process in the middle of production shouldn't come at the cost of people who have already bought and received rifles with the issue.
    I agree with you 100%. That's how S&W, Keltec, Glock and others do it. Trust is like Virginity, you never get it back. They either do right by their client base or they will never buy again.
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

So...just opened up my rifle to clean it ( haven't had time since my range outing on Sunday)and send Kodiak better pics of the nasty wear on my rifle and guess what? The bolt shattered in the back left side, where the guide and spring goes. The rifle was full of metal fragments. I guess this isn't cosmetic...and I may have gotten a lemon. Here a pic. I was pissed before, now this just scared me. A catastrophic failure would have not been a good day.

https://i.imgur.com/7d22w7e.jpg

So...just opened up my rifle to clean it ( haven't had time since my range outing on Sunday)and send Kodiak better pics of the nasty wear on my rifle and guess what? The bolt shattered in the back left side, where the guide and spring goes. The rifle was full of metal fragments. I guess this isn't cosmetic...and I may have gotten a lemon. Here a pic. I was pissed before, now this just scared me. A catastrophic failure would have not been a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Machiavellian100 View Post

Well if the rifle still works then according to Kodiak it’s only cosmetic.

That looks bad! Glad it didn't do any other damage.

This failure is not unique to your rifle,the whole bolt and charging handle need an upgrade. Imagine if the shards caused a trigger or safety failure......