Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Quote Originally Posted by robocop View Post
    So how long is the hand guard if it's going back to carbine length?
    Basicly a short gas system with a medium length hand guard. I want to keep the hand guard as long as we can with out restricting access to the gas assembly. I would like to have the bottom of the hand guard forward of the gas block and slope the end back to maximize the area the supporting hand can grasp whilst keeping the weight to a minimum.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Hornady steel match has turned in sub MOA groups but this was with a Daniel Defence 16 inch 1:7 light barrel, this gives an indication of what our WK180-C is capable of, production rifles will not be using DD barrels.

We have fired over 4,000 rds for endurance testing and for this we used X-metal 55gr ammo.
    Sub- moa! Awesome news. This budget plinking carbine is sounding like a pretty great value. I imagine it will perform up to the anticipated 2 moa with the standard barrel that you fit it with.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Trigger unit: We are using a standard AR15 trigger, sear, hammer assemble, this should allow owners to fit most aftermarket trigger assembles if they choose to. It is to early to guarantee that all aftermarket triggers can be fitted as the WK180-C uses a different safety to the AR-15 due to thicker receiver walls, so some gunsmithing may be required.
    Just curious if you have installed and tested any aftermarket triggers yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Just curious if you have installed and tested any aftermarket triggers yet?
    Aftermarket triggers in production guns should be OK, so far we have only tried a Timney.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Aftermarket triggers in production guns should be OK, so far we have only tried a Timney.
    Awesome. I now know for sure where my spare Timney is going.

Basicly a short gas system with a medium length hand guard. I want to keep the hand guard as long as we can with out restricting access to the gas assembly. I would like to have the bottom of the hand guard forward of the gas block and slope the end back to maximize the area the supporting hand can grasp whilst keeping the weight to a minimum.
    That would actually look pretty cool! The longer the better for coyote hunting on a bipod!!

That would actually look pretty cool! The longer the better for coyote hunting on a bipod!!
    Zackly wut I had in mind!
    Подай набої, є що стріляти. Think Plink!

Hornady steel match has turned in sub MOA groups but this was with a Daniel Defence 16 inch 1:7 light barrel, this gives an indication of what our WK180-C is capable of, production rifles will not be using DD barrels.

We have fired over 4,000 rds for endurance testing and for this we used X-metal 55gr ammo.
    Have you settled on a production barrel yet?

Will you be posting a picture of the new look cad format like your last vision?

Will you be posting a picture of the new look cad format like your last vision?
    Yes, working on it now, hopefully in the next few days.