Page 71 of 102 FirstFirst ... 516163646566676869707172737475767778798191 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Just an update for everyone on my rifle. I had the same issue Machiavellian100 had, I believe. My guide rod plate was stuck in place in the back of the upper, and I had to use a punch to get it to depress to allow me to take the rifle down. I shot 200 rounds flawlessly like this. I reported the issue to Kodiak, and they were not sure what the issue was. I did some tinkering and found I could fit the guide rod plate in and out with room to spare if I put it in backwards, without the rods going in first. It turned out my guide rod holes in the upper were not drilled out enough, and therefore not allowing the rods to properly fit. I sent the rifle back to Kodiak, and they polished the rods down (rather than drill the receiver). I got the rifle back today and it is perfect. I can take down with no punch or tools, and feels great. I have not fired again yet, but I'm sure that's all the issue was.

Kodiak and Owen were great about the whole thing. My only gripe is that I had to pay shipping to them, even though it was their fault. However, I mentioned to Owen that I had a new handguard waiting at home and he loosened the handguard screws for me, the ones everyone seems to have trouble with. So that was nice.

I am very satisfied with the customer service and the rifle. I'm certain that if anything else happens, they will make it right.

I think my whole upper was out of spec. The plate issue, the guide rods not sliding, the bolt handle chewing chunks off my upper and for the "piece de resistence", the bolt shattered. All within 100 rounds of use...and of course I paid for my own shipping. No self addressed stamped envelope for this one. Let's see what the next hundred rounds brings my way. It's like playing russian roulette, but in this case you place your head on the butt stock, squeeze the trigger, wait for a bang and hope it comes out the front and not the back. I wonder if they'd be like this if the rifles were going to family members that were going to be deployed in a war zone...I wonder...

I wanted an NR rifle. I didn't want a Chinese rifle, not a Ruger and didn't want to spend 2 grand, I refused to buy a Kel-Tec SU-16 because I was concerned about reliability related to the polymer upper/lower assembly. Ha! So many headaches would have been avoided.

I am also going to be commenting on every YouTube review of this rifle until everyone gets their upgrades at NO cost. Maybe no one will listen, but good luck getting me of the flippin' soapbox!

OK.I'm done griping. Back to technical until I sell the lemon.
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    I did check all the empties from my shooting my 2 WC180 and none of them had this mark or any problem.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Machiavellian100 View Post
    I think my whole upper was out of spec. The plate issue, the guide rods not sliding, the bolt handle chewing chunks off my upper and for the "piece de resistence", the bolt shattered. All within 100 rounds of use...and of course I paid for my own shipping. No self addressed stamped envelope for this one. Let's see what the next hundred rounds brings my way. It's like playing russian roulette, but in this case you place your head on the butt stock, squeeze the trigger, wait for a bang and hope it comes out the front and not the back. I wonder if they'd be like this if the rifles were going to family members that were going to be deployed in a war zone...I wonder...

I wanted an NR rifle. I didn't want a Chinese rifle, not a Ruger and didn't want to spend 2 grand, I refused to buy a Kel-Tec SU-16 because I was concerned about reliability related to the polymer upper/lower assembly. Ha! So many headaches would have been avoided.

I am also going to be commenting on every YouTube review of this rifle until everyone gets their upgrades at NO cost. Maybe no one will listen, but good luck getting me of the flippin' soapbox!

OK.I'm done griping. Back to technical until I sell the lemon.
    Lol
    Rolling the dice is what buying canadian gun products is all about.
    I sold my 180c and immediately went for a Chinese gun (SKS)
    for 200 shipped to my door new in the grease.
    It's been an unstoppable flawless rifle. With minor tweaks, tech sights and Trigger job it shoots as good as the Wk180c did (when it did actually feed and fire...) Good to go.
    For me paying for the shipping was the final straw with the rifle. I'm in Alberta. That was about 45 bucks. Warranty work done. Still would not feed from any steel mags, bolt handle was still eating the inside of the receiver.
    They wanted me to pay another 45 bucks to ship it back again.
    Forget it! Who has time and pateince for that nonsense? You drop 1200 dollars to play spin the QC roulette wheel on Canadian made guns. Plain and simple.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, sell the junk and go back to the Chinese SKS lolol
    Last edited by Travis Bickle; 04-25-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Obviously now the prototypes that were tested by Mr. Wolverine were workable good firearms..
    And again... once production started holding to spec and QC by Kodiak was not possible..
    I to wonder what Mr. Wolverine is thinking about with all the warranty work and damaged guns??
    I haven't shot mine enough yet.. But I quess I should shoot the shat out of it before the 1 year so called warranty ends

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    The following statement has been released by Kodiak Defence.

The WK 180-C rifle is in current production, Kodiak Defence reserves the right to change details and specifications. We are constantly striving to improve our products. The changes which have occurred are due to customer feedback and suggestions. We value this feedback and use this in our design changes in order to meet our customer demands. Kodiak Defence stands behind the products we manufacture.

If any customers have any cause for concern with their WK 180-C rifle please contact Kodiak Defence at service@kodiakdefence.com

Sales and parts are handled through Wolverine Supplies; sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

CGN frequent flyer
    Is warranty only 1 year? I have not shot mine yet.

From first post: All WK180-C rifles will carry a full one year warranty against defective material and workmanship. All warranty will be carried out by Kodiak Defence.

BCL has the better warranty:-)

Quote Originally Posted by kuffs06 View Post
    Don’t you think they should be giving you the parts instead of giving in to them and pay for them? !
    Yes, I don't think they should be charging customers for a replacement upgrade to a part that is obviously an issue. Perhaps a free replacement to those who having issues with the charging handle and legitimate receiver damage. I don't think its a large number of folks having this issue, my rifle is one of the 1st 100, so to me it makes even less sense why they wouldn't offer this fix to those effected. To those who don't have this issue, i'm sure its easy to brush it off as a few guys whining about some scratches on their rifles. But when you have this problem with yours it's a ####ty feeling to see your new gun getting chewed up with zero support from Kodiak. Taking care of the few folks having this problem will be far cheaper in the long run vs all the negative press and word of mouth these guns are getting because of a stonewall warranty service who disagree's with your concerns.

I will reach out to Kodiak when these new threaded BCG and handle's are available mid May and see if they want to step up and resolve my issue but i'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    The following statement has been released by Kodiak Defence.

The WK 180-C rifle is in current production, Kodiak Defence reserves the right to change details and specifications. We are constantly striving to improve our products. The changes which have occurred are due to customer feedback and suggestions. We value this feedback and use this in our design changes in order to meet our customer demands. Kodiak Defence stands behind the products we manufacture.

If any customers have any cause for concern with their WK 180-C rifle please contact Kodiak Defence at service@kodiakdefence.com

Sales and parts are handled through Wolverine Supplies; sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    Sounds great, but falls short when their actions don't mirror their statements. My emails from Kodiak support literally say "We stand behind our product, but unfortunately...."