Page 74 of 102 FirstFirst ... 546466676869707172737475767778798081828494 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Im not sure what the cause is but if I had to guess, the charging handle is popping out slightly during cycling and jamming into the receiver. It doesn't take much for mine to pop out of the BCG.

I am seeing some of the same marks on mine. I have several hundred rounds through it at this point. Still happy with the purchase at the price point...I would not if it was something I paid $2k for.

I'll try to get photos on the weekend.

I have a question....
    Sadly my release only moves about 3/16” and cannot hinge open.
    The release solidly stops. Any suggestions? I wanted to clean it before taking it out to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisWedm View Post
    I have a question....
    Sadly my release only moves about 3/16” and cannot hinge open.
    The release solidly stops. Any suggestions? I wanted to clean it before taking it out to shoot.
    Silly question, but you dont have the bolt locked back do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Im not sure if that's deemed cosmetic, those are sharp jags of aluminum you see in the photos. This damage was done with in 100 rounds as I only swapped out the charging handle to the left side when I got a brass deflector last month.

I get it,a new black rifle wont stay black due to use but this seems wrong even though i've been told its totally ok by Kodiak.

I also just got to inspect my friends WK and although he has only 100 or so rounds through his, it shows zero wear inside and almost nothing on the rail where that bolt cam pin rides on.
    Since I haven't had the opportunity to take mine out yet, I guess I'll run the charging handle on the right side and wait to see what happens down the road in regards to a solution.

Has anyone reported these issues by running the handle on the right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Has anyone reported these issues by running the handle on the right?
    It does it on both sides with mine, more damage on the left though for me.

My friend has the same magnetic bolt handle in his WK with zero signs of problems, his serial is a 1000 higher than mine.
    My handle also pops out easily, holding the bolt in my hand upside down I can effortlessly shake the handle out.
    Last edited by Merovingian; 04-25-2019 at 09:59 PM.

No sir. But if i hold the bolt back i can feel it nudge forward the 3/16”.
    Wish i knew how far back the bolt is supposed to go, as well as how far back the release is suppose to sit or travel to. I can say once the bolt is locked back...it can only move back 1/8” to release and slam forward. Guessing thats the normal travel.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisWedm View Post
    Wish i knew how far back the bolt is supposed to go,
    Measuring from the bolt handle inner roller edge to the back of the receiver cutout where you remove the bolt handle from the rifle is 15mm in the locked back position for me.

Last edited by Merovingian; 04-25-2019 at 10:27 PM. Reason: adding photo

If i measure the center of the charge handle hole on the other side...its about 16mm from the center of the 11.5mm hole that the handle would come out of.

The at rest position of the release looks the same, however, mine doesn’t even get to flush....let alone go past. Clearly, this wasn’t tested before shipping.
    Thanks for your help good sir! Guess ill contact my seller, Wolverine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Measuring from the bolt handle inner roller edge to the back of the receiver cutout where you remove the bolt handle from the rifle is 15mm in the locked back position for me.