Page 79 of 102 FirstFirst ... 596971727374757677787980818283848586878999 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    Lol.

I am totally on board with everyone wanting Kodiak to take responsibility for the 'cosmetic damage', but I say if you do own a WK, blast away and see what happens. I am sure Kodiak would fix any functional issues, and hopefully will fix the cosmetic damage as well, if you happen to get some. It seems hit and miss. I have 200 rounds fired with no damage, and my buddy has the same amount of rounds but his is chewed up as well. My series is 300 above his.

They should never have shipped out a loose fitting charging handle. I love the idea of the easy takedown and ease of switching sides for ambi controls, but it wiggles. It is steel, where the receiver is aluminum. So every shot fired is a chunk of steel wobbling around hitting an aluminum channel.

CGN Regular
    Kodiaks fix plan now is to use exsisting non threaded carriers and the new threaded handles they will give it a cost price to get these pieces for all magnet setup owners who want the setup approx $10.
    Last edited by iceangler650; 04-28-2019 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceangler650 View Post
    Kodiaks fix plan now is to use exsisting non threaded carriers and the new threaded handles they will give it a cost price to get these pieces for all magnet setup owners who want the setup approx $10.
    Source?

Expired Business Member
    So posting private conversations is a normal thing for you. Does cgn policy even allows it? If you post my private conversation I would not want to deal with you again. Also calling people schills is sounds like bullies. Kodiak is not here to read or deal with any issues because they were not allowed to reply by cgn owners ( something to to with not paying to advertise)
    How many people here had a positive experience with Kodiak products. I am sure you are reading this thread and just don’t want to say anything because of cgn bullies.
    I personally own Wk180 and WR762. I have shoot both rifles in over two thousand rounds each and had my friends shoot it as well. We all loved it.
    Now I guess I am going to be called names.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamjor View Post
    Source?
    Kodiak.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    . Also calling people schills is sounds like bullies. Kodiak is not here to read or deal with any issues because they were not allowed to reply by cgn owners ( something to to with not paying to advertise)
    How many people here had a positive experience with Kodiak products. I am sure you are reading this thread and just don’t want to say anything because of cgn bullies.

Now I guess I am going to be called names.
    No name calling from me.. My spelling was wrong it should be... shill...
    And according to wikepedia it is a proper word in the english language and not a swear word
    And i stand by my comment.. anyone that jumps in to defend Kodiak and belittle the legit complaint by a customer is a shill
    And your comment about how you have never heard of any problems with their products verges on the same definition
    English is English my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    This has been my first dealing with Kodiak, Wolverine however has had a stellar track record for me over the years.

John does alot for firearm advocacy for us shooters here in Canada which is appreciated

I have always found Wolverine Supplies to be upfront, transparent and very professional to deal with.
    +1. I've had nothing but excellent service from Wolverine and they'll continue to get my business. It just so happens that the Mom of one of my co-workers has been an employee of Wolverine for years. When I asked what kind of company it is to work for, he had nothing but good things to say. That alone tells me what I need to know and I'd rather keep fellow Canadians employed by supporting the companies they work for.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucky32 View Post
    +1. I've had nothing but excellent service from Wolverine and they'll continue to get my business. It just so happens that the Mom of one of my co-workers has been an employee of Wolverine for years. When I asked what kind of company it is to work for, he had nothing but good things to say. That alone tells me what I need to know and I'd rather keep fellow Canadians employed by supporting the companies they work for.
    Wolverine has run a raffle for a rifle with all proceeds going to charity which is exactly the sort of thing all the orgs should be doing.

Also they were personally invited to speak privately with Blair on his cross Canada caravan.

Charity, competence, credibility ........... they and the CSAAA set the bar for Canadian gun orgs.

So when I read copy like this it's absolutely no surprise - fits in character.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

When I first jumped on the "Made in Canada" rifle bandwagon I knew what I was getting into.
    A niche second generation budget build of a 1960 design using modern manufacturing techniques (milling vs. stamping) from a small scale domestic manufacturer under an accelerated timeline.
    This rifle was a direct response to the foolish Canadian gun laws and the federal governments who supported said laws.

I did not need another rifle. I have several safes full of rifles that serve their intended purposes adequately.

However, while I am not a "get out and protest" at a rally type of guy, I do believe in supporting endeavors that align with my own world views.

The WK180C was an opportunity to "Stick IT" to the powers that be -- and I signed on with both eyes open knowing that what I was getting myself into - as any good consumer should.

Has KODIAK and Wolverine met my original expectations? Yes and then some.

Have things been perfect? No - but while I was hoping for perfection it was an unreasonable expectation.

If you look back through various posts you will have seen me list the faults I have found with the rifle.

Item #3 of post below foreshadowed the charging handle tolerance issue back in October.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...my-pet-peeves)
    You will also find solutions I found to fix some of these problems. The intent of both actions was to provide constructive criticism and short-term fixes to longer-term production solutions.

The rifle has evolved and will continue to evolve as issues are brought forth by owners. One has just to look at the latest incarnation vs the first hundred.

What I have found telling in the entire saga so far is the willingness of Kodiak and Wolverine to admit when they made mistakes and to fix them to the best of their ability given the current situation.

Have they been perfect - no. But the measure of a company and the people who work for it depends on the efforts they go to correct the problem when it is pointed out to them.

Given Kodiaks steller record so far (in my opinion) I am willing to wait to find out what the "official" solution is to retrofit older versions of the rifle before passing further judgment.

While it may not meet the expectations of a few individuals - I suspect it will meet the approval of the vast majority of owners who hitched their wagons to the WK180 star.

L
    --------------------------------------------------
    "If sense is so common ..... why is it in such short supply?"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I agree with all that Imar
    short version is prototypes tested well but the manufactured guns did not meet specs and QC
    But brushing off customer legit complaints as cosmetic is bad for everyone involved