Page 80 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6070727374757677787980818283848586878890100 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

CGN frequent flyer
    Glad I sold both of mine. When they come out with the $1500 model, with zero materials issues, that needs no upgrades out of the box, maybe Ill consider it.
    f:P

CGN Regular
    Honestly mine is in the 1200 range. It's an amazing gun! Nothing is overtightened it's extremely accurate at 50. Taking it out to 100 soon. Handguard screws were tight but removable, It comes apart normally overall it's great. Sure my charging handle hits the upper inside, nothing that I can't do an easy fix to. Cost will be 20 bucks or less for me to fix. I would personally like to see their solution as mine won't look as clean,nice or simple. Kodiak has been great so far with everything I have asked them. I honestly don't know why people are complaining so much. Just come up with a temporary solution and keep shooting. Use proper tools while trying to disassemble and it shouldn't be an issue.

CGN Regular
    I like mine fun pretty accurate looks better then I thought but I want the fix for this loose charging handle

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Maybe somethings just binding inside like the guide rods, perhaps give it some light taps on the receiver with a rubber hammer while pushing on the release. Make sure your bolt is fully closed.
    I used a punch and a small hammer to pop it open. The release plate had a sharp edge on one side causing it to bind and impression the upper. The two rods also were too tight into the release plate and would bind.
    I smoothed the edges and buffed out the bind mark in the uoper, and just kept turning the rods in the plate to wear-in sone room. Seems to work dairly good now. Just a touch of intermittent bind. Thx for the suggestions folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnwazit View Post
    lol your posts are literally covered in typos and you’re chirping them because of autocorrect?? What a dick
    You poor, hapless soul. You are missing the point. I may be a dick, but like true dicks, I stand up for what's worthwhile, I don't limp around. I do hope you find the time to grow up and add to the complaint that will get our rifles fixed. Even duct tape can't fix you. Please run autocorrect in case I missed something.
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

Quote Originally Posted by iceangler650 View Post
    Kodiaks fix plan now is to use exsisting non threaded carriers and the new threaded handles they will give it a cost price to get these pieces for all magnet setup owners who want the setup approx $10.
    On principle, i am not paying a dime to fix Kodiak's screw up. Is it that hard to admit an error and provide a solution? These guys doubled down and continue to be contentious. I had 2 gunsmith friends have a look at the wear, the agreed it wasn't cosmetic. Many of you are metal workers, CNC operators and Mechs, we know it's a design issue, Kodiak also knows it, the just don't want the expense. They think this will blow over.

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I agree with all that Imar
    short version is prototypes tested well but the manufactured guns did not meet specs and QC
    But brushing off customer legit complaints as cosmetic is bad for everyone involved
    Exactly my point.

i just bought a wk180c from a local dealer that they had in stock, its one with the updated bolt and charging handle. did the come up with a fix for the charging handle problem yes, is it a long turn fix in my opinion NO. it just screws in and the rear hole at the back of the receiver is now useless as you can unscrew and remove the charging handle with the bolt in the forward position. there is nothing stopping the bolt from falling out and loosing if it comes loose and you have not noticed while shooting. i would have like to seen at least the part that screwed in to the bolt almost the same size as the hole in the rear of the reaciver so if it did come lose it could not fall out and be lost, or better yet have it fit in the hole and attached the way a quick detach sling mount works iv never had one come out when installed properly, lol even the M10X does not have this problem lol ya i went there lol and yes i have one of them as well.
    Aim True, Be Safe and Have a Nice Day, IG @canadianarmschannel

Omg that sounds terrible. Please post a picture of it.
    Someone stop the planet and let me off for awhile. I need a break from all this stupidity!!! - posted by Northern Amateur

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Big JD-From the hills's Avatar
    Idk saying that the charging handle will come loose without you noticing and fly away..... this could happen with all the other screws on the gun too.... like the grip screw could just loosen up and fall out.

I have had mine for more than a month and no such thing has happened. I used to just run it finger tight no problems, now that the barrel is broke in and I'm not cleaning it every 10rds I just stick an Allen key(same one for the safty levers) through the holes and give it a bit extra....

I would be willing to bet 1000rds of ammo that the charge handle wont fly away... if in 1000rds the charge handle flys off I buy the ammo, if not all the haters buy the ammo.