Page 82 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6272747576777879808182838485868788899092 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Quote Originally Posted by Jamjor View Post
    I really dont think you'll have a problem. Fire away and if anything happens Kodiak will fix. Thousands of units are in peoples hands and thousands of rounds fired, with one guys bolt carrier breaking, not blowing up but he noticed it when he took down the rifle later on, and I would imagine it even still functions the way it is but it should never have happened.. These guns aren't going to blow up.

I fired 200 through mine and have no marks on my charging handle channel. My only issue was my guide rod holes were too small in my upper and Kodiak polished my guide rods. Firearm takes down flawlessly now.
    Ahm, sorry just cause you only hear about 1 person mentioning it here on Gunnutz does not mean there are not more issues. I purchased 2 WK180c's (in the 490 SN range) and on one of them within less than 200 rounds a large piece of the bolt face broke off during a 3 Gun match. The other has not seen more than 50 or 60 rounds. But hey, #### can happen with ANY rifle. 1 Email with pic to Kodiak later and within 5 days a replacement arrived and the broken one send back as per request for inspection. I am very happy how and how quick it was handled, so I am still a happy camper, but you can't assume this forum reflects ALL the issues and the correct amount of people affected.

Quote Originally Posted by swissey View Post
    Ahm, sorry just cause you only hear about 1 person mentioning it here on Gunnutz does not mean there are not more issues. I purchased 2 WK180c's (in the 490 SN range) and on one of them within less than 200 rounds a large piece of the bolt face broke off during a 3 Gun match. The other has not seen more than 50 or 60 rounds. But hey, #### can happen with ANY rifle. 1 Email with pic to Kodiak later and within 5 days a replacement arrived and the broken one send back as per request for inspection. I am very happy how and how quick it was handled, so I am still a happy camper, but you can't assume this forum reflects ALL the issues and the correct amount of people affected.
    True. All I'm saying is the more we all use our WK's, the more bugs we will find and Kodiak I'm sure will be happy to fix and replace, like in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by iceangler650 View Post
    I was told they are working on a fix to work with exsisting carrier and the new threaded handle not sure of much more yet should hear from them this week im thinking.
    Nothing is carved on stone yet but that’s what I was lead to believe. They called me and told me to basically wait for the fix perhaps by mid May.
    On the meantime they are sending my rifle back as I sent it to them. No replacement bolt or handle. I’d have to send the bolt back if I want the fix down the road.
    They did reassure me that if at anytime the rifle fails to function to send it back and they’ll gladly repair it.
    Not the outcome I was hoping for but it is what it is.
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

I don't feel like reading through 800+ posts so I will just ask here, anyone have a significant amount of play between their receivers? It's really annoying...

It’s common. The fix is a washer/o ring around the back lug. In future You may be able to do a search on the topic? Might come up

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    I don't feel like reading through 800+ posts so I will just ask here, anyone have a significant amount of play between their receivers? It's really annoying...
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...on-final-piece

Item #6 gives specific information on how to fix this issue.

L
    --------------------------------------------------
    "If sense is so common ..... why is it in such short supply?"

Thanks fellas!

Now kodiak is recalling the bolts that were nitrided and replacing them with only heat treated bolts.

CA-0949-18 to 19CA2246 serial numbers are affected

Ive allready had to pay $80 to ship my rifle all the way across Canada to have the handguard straightened because it was canted 1 degree and couldnt be straightened because it was hitting the gas block, and the extractor was too weak and would cause failure to extract. My buffer tube castle nut wasnt tight so i asked them to tighten it while it was in for work so I didnt have to buy a tool.

When i received my Rifle back the castle nut had been tightened but the adapter holding the buttstock to the back of the firearm was loose now !!! And buddy cranked on that castle nut, so I ended up buying the tool and fixing it myself.

And now the whole issue with kodiak saying the charging handle issue is cosmetic when clearly its eating away aluminum.

My WK-180C has fired 50 rounds by me with the charging handle on the right. Kodiak has fired a minimum of 2 rounds out of the gun with the charging handle on the left hand side and my receiver is marked up on the inside.

Kodiak states we need to pay for this and then recalls the bolts.

The receivers should be covered too because now they have these large holes on either side that were meant for the charging handle to come out and the threaded handle is smaller so now we all have botched receivers with brittle bolts and garbage charging handles.

Now i have to pay to send my bolt back ? Will the new bolts have the threaded in handle ???

Thanks Kodiak, for making me feel like i got bent over and F@*÷$ed with this purchase.
    Someone stop the planet and let me off for awhile. I need a break from all this stupidity!!! - posted by Northern Amateur

So are they going to send anything out officially telling us to send out bolts back? How do you know they’re doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by kuffs06 View Post
    So are they going to send anything out officially telling us to send out bolts back? How do you know they’re doing this?
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...k-Announcement