Page 84 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6474767778798081828384858687888990919294 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Is the extractor and spring the same as an ar15?
    I had a jam/failure to extract, skipped right over the rim and tried to jam a second case into the chamber
    The extractor seems a little weak according to people with more knowledge than me.
    A few have had this problem, including me. The extractor and spring are the same as an AR. the original spring that comes with the WK has been found to be weak by some.
    If you got the part kits there should be a little rubber o-ring that you can put around the extractor spring. This has solved the problem for some people. I decided to replace the entire extractor and spring and added the o-ring and an internal rubber plug that goes inside the spring (you can get them all from True North Arms). Didn't cost much and solved the problem.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    A few have had this problem, including me. The extractor and spring are the same as an AR. the original spring that comes with the WK has been found to be weak by some.
    If you got the part kits there should be a little rubber o-ring that you can put around the extractor spring. This has solved the problem for some people. I decided to replace the entire extractor and spring and added the o-ring and an internal rubber plug that goes inside the spring (you can get them all from True North Arms). Didn't cost much and solved the problem.
    Thank you sir, I will be doing the same
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Here's my journey with this rifle on video.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...A3MJhjvOMaBrvS
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Machiavellian100 View Post

Thanks for that. I have the same wear on the inside of my upper receiver from the magnetic bolt handle after only 2 trips to the range. I agree this is more than just "cosmetic". It's damaging the rifle.

I'm not firing my rifle any more until Kodiak offers a fix for the bolt handle.

The one thing I need to know, has the screw in bolt handle cured the ware on your upper as opposed to the magnetic one. The reason I ask is the following, being left handed my magnetic bolt handle has always been on the right side and still there is signs of excessive ware on the left side.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxs View Post
    The one thing I need to know, has the screw in bolt handle cured the ware on your upper as opposed to the magnetic one. The reason I ask is the following, being left handed my magnetic bolt handle has always been on the right side and still there is signs of excessive ware on the left side.
    That’s very strange. Can you post pictures of it? Maybe the bolt is cracked or broke like a few guys have experienced
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Wear on the left side with a right hand charging handle is going to be caused by the cam pin.

Yes it has. I've had no addotional damage. I've been keeping a video journal of my visits to the range and damage has stopped. I ran well over 100 rounds post warranty fix on my shattered BCG. I've only run .223, this weekend I'm going to run some 5.56 and see hownit responds to the higher pressure cartridge. I'll keep you all posted. BTW, I saw Kodiak's announcement. Not very impressed by their arrogance. I've visited every site that sell this rifle and given an honest review, including Cabela's. Kodiak needs to fix some quirks on thebrifle and a lot in their customer facung attitude.
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

Yes it has. I've had no addotional damage. I've been keeping a video journal of my visits to the range and damage has stopped. I ran well over 100 rounds post warranty fix on my shattered BCG. I've only run .223, this weekend I'm going to run some 5.56 and see hownit responds to the higher pressure cartridge. I'll keep you all posted. BTW, I saw Kodiak's announcement. Not very impressed by their arrogance. I've visited every site that sell this rifle and given an honest review, including Cabela's. Kodiak needs to fix some quirks on thebrifle and a lot in their customer facung attitude.
    i just looked on cabelas website , ... the wk is not showing ....
    "you are never , out of the fight"

It was there a few weeks ago!
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!