Page 85 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6575777879808182838485868788899091929395 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Quote Originally Posted by arketh View Post
    Wear on the left side with a right hand charging handle is going to be caused by the cam pin.
    You are correct in the cam pin, it seems on the extraction cycle when the cam pin pivots it is the exact spot of the gouging which I am getting. Also on the right side "magnetic bolt handle" there is ware but nothing excessive. Also this rifle was returned for a fractured or chipped bolt on the rear side of the guide rode hole. I like the rifle even though it has teething pains.

So possibly stupid question, bit of a newbie to firearm teardowns. Is there a schematic or guide on how to disassemble the bolt carrier group, my serial number is within the recall range. Don't want to bust anything haha

CGN Regular
    The kodiak wk 180c manual is online just do a google search its easy to dissassemble though.

Quote Originally Posted by iceangler650 View Post
    The kodiak wk 180c manual is online just do a google search its easy to dissassemble though.
    Thanks, i did a quick google search but didnt find much. I will look harder. I just dont want to break anything haha

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by splazer View Post
    Thanks, i did a quick google search but didnt find much. I will look harder. I just dont want to break anything haha
    https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Re...ductManual.pdf
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by splazer View Post

It is likely on kodiaks website somewhere to download as well.

Just got my new WK180 from Wolverine last Wednesday, did the appropriate break-in 30rds no problem.
    Took it to the range yesterday and it ran like crap! Failing to extract almost every round; spent case stayed in chamber then bolt cycled trying to feed a new round getting it stuck in the feed ramp. Tried 2 different types of ammo (Independence 5.56 and American Eagle .223) with same result.

When i returned home i disassembled the bolt and when compared to my AR bolt (S&W M&P Sport II) i noticed the WK's extractor spring significantly softer and missing the little rubber donut (o-ring) around the spring. On the WK i can press on the rear part of extractor arm (behind the pivot pin) with my thumbnail and depress it to "lift" the extractor claw, on the AR-15's bolt its much much hard to do so?
    Also the spring wider end was sitting against the bolt body instead of against the extractor cup like in all AR's i have.
    Do i possibly have a bad extractor?
    Rifle has less than 80 rounds through it
    Last edited by raoufhakam; 05-13-2019 at 03:59 AM.
    May Our Bridges Always Stand And Our Charges Never Fail...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raoufhakam View Post
    Just got my new WK180 from Wolverine last Wednesday, did the appropriate break-in 30rds no problem.
    Took it to the range yesterday and it ran like crap! Failing to extract almost every round; spent case stayed in chamber then bolt cycled trying to feed a new round getting it stuck in the feed ramp. Tried 2 different types of ammo (Independence 5.56 and American Eagle .223) with same result.

When i returned home i disassembled the bolt and when compared to my AR bolt (S&W M&P Sport II) i noticed the WK's extractor spring significantly softer and missing the little rubber donut (o-ring) around the spring. On the WK i can press on the rear part of extractor arm (behind the pivot pin) with my thumbnail and depress it to "lift" the extractor claw, on the AR-15's bolt its much much hard to do so?
    Also the spring wider end was sitting against the bolt body instead of against the extractor cup like in all AR's i have.
    Do i possibly have a bad extractor?
    Rifle has less than 80 rounds through it
    I had a double feed too, with a weak extractor spring

Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    A few have had this problem, including me. The extractor and spring are the same as an AR. the original spring that comes with the WK has been found to be weak by some.
    If you got the part kits there should be a little rubber o-ring that you can put around the extractor spring. This has solved the problem for some people. I decided to replace the entire extractor and spring and added the o-ring and an internal rubber plug that goes inside the spring (you can get them all from True North Arms). Didn't cost much and solved the problem.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So far after about 150 rds. gun is running well..all my Hera mags work now.
    I've been using Swiss grease on my magnetic wiggly left side charging handle receiver contact points..
    Seems to be running smooth..
    No recall on my gun either.. So far gun just works

lugs

Quote Originally Posted by Twan View Post
    Bolt lugs (that's what they're called, not 'teeth') do break on bolts, even AR15s. Bolts are also not cast, they're machined.
    thanks so much for correcting my terminology..maybe you could share your vast wisdom on why the bolts and now carriers are breaking. Cast or machined..the point was they were manufactured from inferior metal.