CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 87 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6777798081828384858687888990919293949597 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1011

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

  1. #861
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,221
    what are some extra part in the box for?some sort of set screw and plastic cap.

  2. #862
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    20
    Hey guys,

    I recently purchased a wk180c, serial number 19CA1770 and i need some info on the following:
    - what allen key size is for the handguard (i tried 1/8 and 7/64. 1/8 is too big and 7/64 is too small)
    - Is broken piston spring covered under warranty? are there stronger replacements? If so where?
    - Is charging handle damaging upper receiver covered by warranty?

    My rifle ceased to operate as a semi-auto rifle after 200 rounds at the range. Upon inspection i found that a portion of the piston spring broke off and there are some metal "rolls/shavings" where the piston rod is located. I am having trouble trying to dissemble the foregrip for further inspection as 1/8" allen key is too large and 7/64" is too small. I also observe that a noticeable amount of metal from upper receiver are being shaved off for just shooting 200 rounds.

    It would be much appreciated if people could direct me to the right places. Also just curiosity sake, anyone else having the same problems?




  3. #863
    CGN Regular MechanicalSparky25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Surrey BC
    Posts
    298
    METRIC !!!

    I forget what exact mm... contact Owen from kodiak and send that thing back.
    Someone stop the planet and let me off for awhile. I need a break from all this stupidity!!! - posted by Northern Amateur

  4. #864
    CGN frequent flyer Big JD-From the hills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Saskatchewan.
    Posts
    1,837
    Takes a 3mm key.

  5. #865
    Member kuffs06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Caledon
    Posts
    58
    You’re not the only one. Receiver is not covered but Spring is. There’s a lot of info in the precious Pages about it all
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

  6. #866
    Newbie Machiavellian100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Langley, BC
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeEng View Post
    Hey guys,

    I recently purchased a wk180c, serial number 19CA1770 and i need some info on the following:
    - what allen key size is for the handguard (i tried 1/8 and 7/64. 1/8 is too big and 7/64 is too small)
    - Is broken piston spring covered under warranty? are there stronger replacements? If so where?
    - Is charging handle damaging upper receiver covered by warranty?

    My rifle ceased to operate as a semi-auto rifle after 200 rounds at the range. Upon inspection i found that a portion of the piston spring broke off and there are some metal "rolls/shavings" where the piston rod is located. I am having trouble trying to dissemble the foregrip for further inspection as 1/8" allen key is too large and 7/64" is too small. I also observe that a noticeable amount of metal from upper receiver are being shaved off for just shooting 200 rounds.

    It would be much appreciated if people could direct me to the right places. Also just curiosity sake, anyone else having the same problems?

    **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    Handguard allen keys are metric, but dont bother. Contact Kodiak, send the pics and send the whole rifle back for repairs. Unfortunately you're just another victim of Kodiak's learning curve. Have a look back on these pages, you'll see that owning a WK180-C should come with a Costco sized bottle of Advil. Receiver wear is considered "cosmetic" by Kodiak even though it's not, so don't hold your breath on that one.
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

  7. #867
    Newbie Machiavellian100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Langley, BC
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    what are some extra part in the box for?some sort of set screw and plastic cap.
    The plastic cap is a nylon guide for the gas piston. It wears after a couple of thousand shots. The C clips cam be useful in case one flies out during a field strip.
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

  8. #868
    Newbie Machiavellian100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Langley, BC
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Bummer, ya Kodiak won't do a thing for you. I've tried going through Wolverine and lots of emails through Kodiak and got nowhere. Wolverine is powerless to do anything about it and Kodiak really couldn't give two ####s about this problem.

    Best advice is stop shooting the rifle and wait to purchase the upgraded bolt with threaded handle if you want to stop the chewing up of your receiver.

    I wouldn't goes as far to say that Kodiak are crooks but they are walking that thin line with many of their customers. All they are accomplishing by ignoring this problem is creating vocal anger gun owners who just spread the word of how bad support can be from Kodiak if you end up with a lemon. It really is complete bull#### but buyer beware I guess.

    It does seem the later serial numbers don't suffer this issue so there is that, but ya... lesson learned
    You're too kind. They are crooks trying to do as little as possible to not get slapped with a lawsuit, which, BTW, I'm all for.
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

  9. #869
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalSparky25 View Post
    METRIC !!!

    I forget what exact mm... contact Owen from kodiak and send that thing back.
    I agree, and another one bites the dust. What a disaster.

  10. #870
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeEng View Post
    Hey guys,

    I recently purchased a wk180c, serial number 19CA1770 and i need some info on the following:
    - what allen key size is for the handguard (i tried 1/8 and 7/64. 1/8 is too big and 7/64 is too small)
    - Is broken piston spring covered under warranty? are there stronger replacements? If so where?
    - Is charging handle damaging upper receiver covered by warranty?

    My rifle ceased to operate as a semi-auto rifle after 200 rounds at the range. Upon inspection i found that a portion of the piston spring broke off and there are some metal "rolls/shavings" where the piston rod is located. I am having trouble trying to dissemble the foregrip for further inspection as 1/8" allen key is too large and 7/64" is too small. I also observe that a noticeable amount of metal from upper receiver are being shaved off for just shooting 200 rounds.

    It would be much appreciated if people could direct me to the right places. Also just curiosity sake, anyone else having the same problems?



    Message em let kodiak know they will likely send the new spring right away and your in the recall I believe which should get you the new threaded handle and carrier which stops the reciever gouging

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •