CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 89 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6979818283848586878889909192939495969799 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1011

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

  1. #881
    Newbie Indoril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    17
    When cycling the action, bottom of the BCG is quite rough and creates a lot of friction when sliding over the hammer... The feeling is VERY rough and creates so much friction to the point of occasionally binding and stopping the bolt from going home under spring tension alone. After just a dozen or so cycles I can see a small amount of accumulated material on the bottom of the BCG that wore off from where it slides against the hammer.

    Is this normal and will it wear in / smoothen out with time?

  2. #882
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West Kelowna B.C.
    Posts
    2,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoril View Post
    When cycling the action, bottom of the BCG is quite rough and creates a lot of friction when sliding over the hammer... The feeling is VERY rough and creates so much friction to the point of occasionally binding and stopping the bolt from going home under spring tension alone. After just a dozen or so cycles I can see a small amount of accumulated material on the bottom of the BCG that wore off from where it slides against the hammer.

    Is this normal and will it wear in / smoothen out with time?
    I haven;t seen that with mine.. I don't think any gun should be like that??

  3. #883
    CGN Regular Sniper_485's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    199
    It sounds like the parts were poorly deburred after manufacture. If I were you I'd probably pull the hammer out and stone the edge causing the grinding until the problem stopped. That said the hammer should be pushed down a small amount by the bolt to ensure that it catches on the sear properly. You may also want to smooth out the bottom of your bolt. You may also want to check with the distributor before doing this in case it violates warranty.

  4. #884
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper_485 View Post
    It sounds like the parts were poorly deburred after manufacture. If I were you I'd probably pull the hammer out and stone the edge causing the grinding until the problem stopped. That said the hammer should be pushed down a small amount by the bolt to ensure that it catches on the sear properly. You may also want to smooth out the bottom of your bolt. You may also want to check with the distributor before doing this in case it violates warranty.
    Sniper_485 Not a good idea to promote home gunsmith repairs with the less informed, especially removing material from components. Modifications=void warranty....

  5. #885
    Member BeadyEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maple Ridge
    Posts
    32
    Followed the link to wriggle repair.

    Went to T & T Auto Parts and bought a couple of oil resistance O rings. Installed them on the WK180-C - PERFECTION no movement between upper and lower receivers.

    Glad I did it, would have bugged me.

  6. #886
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West Kelowna B.C.
    Posts
    2,414
    Quote Originally Posted by BeadyEye View Post
    Followed the link to wriggle repair.

    Went to T & T Auto Parts and bought a couple of oil resistance O rings. Installed them on the WK180-C - PERFECTION no movement between upper and lower receivers.

    Glad I did it, would have bugged me.
    Or even tin foil for a quick fix

  7. #887
    Member Mr.Subzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Winter wonderland
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by BeadyEye View Post
    Followed the link to wriggle repair.

    Went to T & T Auto Parts and bought a couple of oil resistance O rings. Installed them on the WK180-C - PERFECTION no movement between upper and lower receivers.

    Glad I did it, would have bugged me.
    I only used 1 and it works! You installed 2? Where? I put 1 around the lug.

  8. #888
    Member Mr.Subzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Winter wonderland
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    I received my new bolt carrier group with threaded bolt, but I sent my whole thing only to be missing my bolt because I did not remove the bolt so I wait again, o.k patient is the name of the game for me.
    Hi, I received my bolt in no time, now the frustration, I now have to install it but I might have to ask for a video how to do it.

  9. #889
    Newbie RobbieLaidlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    21
    Hey guys,

    I am curious as to whether everyones cam pins are rough, pics are much appreciated, thanks.


    -Robbie L


    -Robbie L

  10. #890
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    Hi, I received my bolt in no time, now the frustration, I now have to install it but I might have to ask for a video how to do it.
    There is a video on you tube showing how to put the bolt carrier group back to gather. Just type in Wk180c you will see some videos there. There is one showing how the carrier group comes apart

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •