Page 8 of 102 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Quote Originally Posted by CRBurton View Post
    Mr wolverine. I have ordered both the WK180 and the NDS180 rifles. I am wondering what the gas piston op rod diameter is where it enters the upper. I am only curious to see if I can order a gas system from RWA to put on the WK180. This would make a barrel swap easier in the future. This could help alot of people on the forum.
    Piston diameters are different, we also use a nylon bushing where the steel gas piston enters the Aluminium upper. With out a NDS to compair I can not give you a definite answer at this time, it is possible it could be made to work. If RWA followed the original upper faithfully (which I believe they did) then there are also differances in the bolt carrier and other measurements. I think it fair to say that if people start rebuilding our rifles they run the risk of voiding our warranty.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Piston diameters are different, we also use a nylon bushing where the steel gas piston enters the Aluminium upper. With out a NDS to compair I can not give you a definite answer at this time, it is possible it could be made to work. If RWA followed the original upper faithfully (which I believe they did) then there are also differances in the bolt carrier and other measurements. I think it fair to say that if people start rebuilding our rifles they run the risk of voiding our warranty.
    Thank you for the response. I totally understand your point, to be honest I'm just curious. Looking forward to my new rifles and am getting excited.

CGN Regular
    There was talk early on about different stock adapters, has there been any decisions made about which stocks will be getting adapters? Any prototypes?

That acr stock mockup looked amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    There was talk early on about different stock adapters, has there been any decisions made about which stocks will be getting adapters? Any prototypes?

That acr stock mockup looked amazing.
    No decisions have been made yet, we will be looking into having our own folding stock produced but I am delaying things as I want to be able to use as much as possible on the bigger new .308 rifle that ideally would have a folding stock as standard.

CGN Regular
    No decisions have been made yet, we will be looking into having our own folding stock produced but I am delaying things as I want to be able to use as much as possible on the bigger new .308 rifle that ideally would have a folding stock as standard.
    I love the sound of parts compatibility in the morning.

With the amount of attention this rifle is getting do you have any plans or methods of ramping up production an maintaining QC to get orders filled quicker? My understanding is 300 rifles should arrive any day now then only 30 to 50 a week. I just place my pre order last night and am understanding I won’t be seeing anything for around a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Technics View Post
    With the amount of attention this rifle is getting do you have any plans or methods of ramping up production an maintaining QC to get orders filled quicker? My understanding is 300 rifles should arrive any day now then only 30 to 50 a week. I just place my pre order last night and am understanding I won’t be seeing anything for around a year.
    The first order was 300, the first shipment will be what ever is produced per week, it will not be 300. We never said that the first shipment would be 300, these are made in Ontario why would I wait to stock pile 300? Once production is started, we will be having weekly shipments, the plan is to increase output as fast as we can whilst maintaining QC. Maybe run a second shift? I know Steve is looking at all his options.

As you said before this firearm will take AR15 style triggers , How close would you say its is to a Vulcan V15 / V18 firearm ?

CGN Regular
    Just starting production of hand guards, I will post photos ASAP.
    Are we getting close to a picture of the finished product?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    Are we getting close to a picture of the finished product?
    Also waiting patiently for pics