Page 93 of 102 FirstFirst ... 7383858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Total AR noob here trying to remove the stock to install the ACR stock and adapter.

I just want to make sure I am doing this right: To remove the stock I need to loosen the castle nut and slide the retainer back to remove the buffer tube that is not actually a buffer tube is that right? The castle nut is quite tight on my rifle, I already marred the soft aluminum threads a bit with the armourer's tool. Next step I can think of is to put the pistol grip in a vise for support and maybe heat the castle nut area with a heat gun assuming it has loc-tite on it.

Am I missing anything here about how to remove the darn thing?

BANNED
    Is there any news regarding the threaded-in cocking handle "upgrade" for people that have bolt carriers that are within the serial number range affected by the recall but aren't nitrided? I want to send mine back to see if it needs to be replaced under warranty, but I definitely still want the new threaded set up if it is not covered as it has chewed the upper up after only 50 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by sded View Post
    Is there any news regarding the threaded-in cocking handle "upgrade" for people that have bolt carriers that are within the serial number range affected by the recall but aren't nitrided? I want to send mine back to see if it needs to be replaced under warranty, but I definitely still want the new threaded set up if it is not covered as it has chewed the upper up after only 50 rounds.

Ditto to what this guy said. Ive asked this exact question and never got a response.
    Someone stop the planet and let me off for awhile. I need a break from all this stupidity!!! - posted by Northern Amateur

I was in an email exchange with Kodiak about the upper getting chewed up.... the last they told me was that they were working on an upgrade and there would be a nominal fee. They were in the process of testing that upgrade back toward the end of May. At that time, I was given the option of waiting for the upgrade at the nominal fee, or to buy a new carrier for $117 + shipping. To date I haven't heard anything about an upgrade being completed. I'm in NB, where its high tax and low pay....so i was hoping to not have to spend the $117.

PS
    Happy Canada Day

2 technical questions for Kodiak/Wolverine:

1.) What is the gas hole size on your WK180-C barrels ? I know it's slightly larger than the standard port, wondering what size I need to enlarge my replacement barrel hole to.

2.) What did you torque the barrel nut to ? I just bent my upper receiver trying to get it off. Luckily it doesn't seem to impact function but I've decited to pass it on to a gunsmith to be safe.

Cheers,
    Play more, with Claymore

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GERMANxCANADIAN View Post
    2 technical questions for Kodiak/Wolverine:

1.) What is the gas hole size on your WK180-C barrels ? I know it's slightly larger than the standard port, wondering what size I need to enlarge my replacement barrel hole to.

2.) What did you torque the barrel nut to ? I just bent my upper receiver trying to get it off. Luckily it doesn't seem to impact function but I've decited to pass it on to a gunsmith to be safe.

Cheers,
    I used a #42 drill bit which measures .0935"

If you don't have access to a set of numbered drill bits the next closest thing would be a 3/32" bit but it will be slightly larger at .0938".

You can always check the hole in the barrel you take off compared to the bit you are going to use to drill the new barrel. Remember if necessary, always go a size smaller first and check for function. If it's too small you can always take it apart again and go a size bigger BUT if you drill it too big from the start you can't ever drill it smaller again.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Raezor19 View Post
    Anyone have problem with 10 round Lar mags ? Fired mine yesterday for the first time and it jammed on the first round every time, like it wasn't chambering properly until the gas system started doing the work. No problems with the poly P-mags that came with it. ???
    I only use LAR 10rd mags, and haven`t had a single fail-to-feed. I definitely don`t ease the bolt forward when loading the first round. Just pull back on the handle and let the springs do the work.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

BANNED
    Owen at Kodiak responded with the following:
    "If you request that on the information card you send in, we will either replace it if it is nitrided, or hold onto it until the upgrade is ready if it is not."

"hold onto it until the ugrade is ready if it is not" is not exactly helpful when I am specifically asking if it is ready or not considering the timeline seems to have been a couple weeks over a month ago..
    Last edited by sded; 07-01-2019 at 02:21 PM.

You are into things way over your head, leave well enough alone.

" I just bent my upper receiver".....need I say more.

Remember, left is loose-right is tight. have someone do it for you before you f***k everything up.