Page 29 of 102 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252627282930313233343536373949 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Ditto.

CPD LAR-15 MAGS

Tried all 3 of mine yesterday. No issues at all.
    CCFR & CPC Member "The West wants out" WEXIT

CGN Regular
    Is there QD hole on the fore of handguard? Asking before I commit to impulse sling buy.

Quote Originally Posted by lj007 View Post
    Is there QD hole on the fore of handguard? Asking before I commit to impulse sling buy.
    No but an Mlok QD attachment can be had for $20.
    S#it can go south people. The space shuttle blew up twice. - Clint Smith

Communists aren't people.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robandkara View Post
    There are stake marks there, but the magnet goes in and out of it's home without resistance. I'll fire an email off to Kodiak, see what they have to say. Definitely room for improvement on the charge handle, like maybe a bigger magnet, and a rubber buffer in the back pocket of the lower to take the bit of play out, but otherwise I'm impressed with build quality.
    Keep an eye on the inside track of the receiver where the charging handle rides if you have it set up left side.
    The charging handle on mine was coming out of the bolt carrier every time I fired and clearly contacting this area all along the inside of the track with considerable force.
    It was mangling the soft aluminum on the inside of the track badly. I guess it might not matter or affect function but I was surprised at how bad and quickly it was eating away at it.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Keep an eye on the inside track of the receiver where the charging handle rides if you have it set up left side.
    The charging handle on mine was coming out of the bolt carrier every time I fired and clearly contacting this area all along the inside of the track with considerable force.
    It was mangling the soft aluminum on the inside of the track badly. I guess it might not matter or affect function but I was surprised at how bad and quickly it was eating away at it.
    This has started to happen to mine. Any fix for this? How can the charging handle be better locked down?
    ==========
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I greased up my charging handle and track..The handle is barely held in..
    Me thinks it will disappear into the snow..

Quote Originally Posted by vtham View Post
    This has started to happen to mine. Any fix for this? How can the charging handle be better locked down?
    This is what I was wondering too. I'm wondering if it would hold better if the hole in the charging handle was drilled out larger and a bigger more powerful magnet was put in.

Quote Originally Posted by vtham View Post
    Not that I'm aware of.
    The charging handle has slop in it between the bolt carrier and the slot it rides in. It batters the #### out of the inside and the soft aluminum is just getting eaten up after only about 400 rounds.
    I believe this is also the track the cam pin rides in as well on the left side. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    The only way I could see to stop it would be to maybe female thread the bolt carrier holes for the handle and male thread the handle?
    I don't know but I was shocked at how quick it was ####ing up the material.
    Another user reported this finding to the manufacturer and they said it shouldn't cause problems...

Quote Originally Posted by robandkara View Post
    This is what I was wondering too. I'm wondering if it would hold better if the hole in the charging handle was drilled out larger and a bigger more powerful magnet was put in.
    I don't think any magnet is going to hold it steady or inward with enough force to overcome the velocity and violence of the action. They are crazy over gassed at a minimum from the markings of the bolt carrier on the back plate etc which I was developing and the slight trigger slap I was getting when I had mine.

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I greased up my charging handle and track..The handle is barely held in..
    Me thinks it will disappear into the snow..
    I don't believe it can physically come through the charging handle slot Sir.
    The bolt does not travel back far enough when the rifle is assembled to make it to the cutout to pull it free/fall out.