Page 54 of 102 FirstFirst ... 344446474849505152535455565758596061626474 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Very interesting to see the genesis of this rifle evolve, the comments say in a year from now will have identified any or most of its deficiencies, and strong points. Credos to Wolverine for starting this project, is to be admired. "the Canadian Aberdeen proving grounds"

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Just to clear up a few points on the charging handle. The handle fitted with the magnet can not come out of the rifle until the rifle is "broken open" and the handle pulled all the way to the rear. The purpose of the magnet is not to act as a retainer but to hold the handle away from the receiver wall when the rifle is cycling.

As has already been stated here, current production rifles are now fitted with a threaded in charging handle which is not fitted with a magnet. Insure this is kept tight when operating the rifle.

Current production rifles also have the gas block secured with two allen screws not cross pins.
    Is there any way to get a new charging handle and parts to update my gun to this? My charging handle has been eating away at the receiver. About 1/8" into it and Kodiak said it's just cosmetic. I had no idea of the update.

Quote Originally Posted by shak541 View Post
    Is there any way to get a new charging handle and parts to update my gun to this? My charging handle has been eating away at the receiver. About 1/8" into it and Kodiak said it's just cosmetic. I had no idea of the update.
    Me too. I am not a fan of the magnet and would like to upgrade to the screw in handle. I hope Kodiak comes through for existing WK owners on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    Me too. I am not a fan of the magnet and would like to upgrade to the screw in handle. I hope Kodiak comes through for existing WK owners on this.
    I was wondering the same thing. That’s honestly the only part of the design I don’t like. It’s not a very strong magnet
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Please direct all your questions on WK180-C warranty and upgrades straight to the manufacture, Kodiak Defence as they handle this, they can be reached by e-mail at: Service@kodiakdefence.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Does the screw in the charging handle attachment need matching threading on the bolt, meaning a new bolt would be needed for those with the magnetic handle, or at the least threading would need to be machined into the sockets?

I know there’s a manual online, but is there no manual shipped in the box? Mine didn’t come with one.
    Last edited by Delendam; 04-05-2019 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Error

I recall some gunnutter no offence, made a bigger magnet in the handle and I’m sure it is better now. Might be better if you have a spare one just a suggestion.

Repost

What is the break in period again?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    What is the break in period again?
    From the manual:
    Kodiak Defence Inc. recommends the following break-in procedure:
    1. Fire 9 single shots. After each shot, push a cotton patch wet with solvent through the bore. Then wet a nylon brush with solvent and stroke the barrel five to ten round trips. Follow with
    another wet patch and then a dry patch or two.
    2. From 10 to 30 shots, clean as above after each five shots. Initial break-in should now be complete.

For normal cleaning, it is suggested that you clean after each range session.