Page 32 of 102 FirstFirst ... 122224252627282930313233343536373839404252 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    My new 180 has a looser fitting cocking handle but it has never come out after hundreds of rounds?

Maybe the new ones with the new buttstocks have fixed the earlier issues, as I needed to diassemble before getting the handle out.

If there is a problem I would send it back.

I am very happy with purchase it is a fun gun, but much different than my old AR.
    Last edited by randyhub; 12-30-2018 at 05:31 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxs View Post
    Hi Travis, If the bolt goes rearward to the point where the charging handle engages the rear of the slot, and then falls out, I would definitely be concerned with such excessive over travel. I do not have a WK as of today but if this issue is common and not a one off, it is of concern for myself as a future recipient. If you could post photos it would be a great help. I also understood from the YouTube videos that the charging handle was only removable in disassembly. PLEASE KEEP US POSTED.
    No sir you misunderstood. It was another member concerned about it falling out.
    It should not be able to fall out unless the rifle is stripped down is what I said. I don't think it's physically possible. The bolt cannot go that far back with the rear op rod plate and springs compressed.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

There's no way for the charging handle to 'pop out". As many others have said, the bolt doesn't travel that far back.

I would like to hear what Wolverine/Kodiak has to say about the receiver wear from the handle though. My plan is to do a few coats of hard silicone on the top side of the handle to prevent potential wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
    There's no way for the charging handle to 'pop out". As many others have said, the bolt doesn't travel that far back.

I would like to hear what Wolverine/Kodiak has to say about the receiver wear from the handle though. My plan is to do a few coats of hard silicone on the top side of the handle to prevent potential wear.
    I would like to hear what they have to say as well
    CCFR & CPC Member "The West wants out" WEXIT

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post

Another member shared an email reply from Kodiak after addressing the issue, stating that the wear is "totally normal and should not affect the function of the rifle."
    I find it concerning. I no longer have my problem child but if I recall the track for left side charging handle is also the one the bolt cam pin rides in no?
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tobaman45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Another member shared an email reply from Kodiak after addressing the issue, stating that the wear is "totally normal and should not affect the function of the rifle."
    I find it concerning. I no longer have my problem child but if I recall the track for left side charging handle is also the one the bolt cam pin rides in no?
    you are correct the bolt cam pin does ride in it

CGN Regular
    Just got the Wk 180c today. New gun. There is alot of slop between the upper and lower. Possible fix?

Slop does not affect the function or accuracy of the rifle. Stop fondling it and shoot it.
    A fear of weapons from 80's action movies, not logic, created the disaster that is our firearms act.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by D3vin View Post
    Just got the Wk 180c today. New gun. There is alot of slop between the upper and lower. Possible fix?
    8 layers of foil tape on the upper lug seemed to snug it up
    Try not to make the lug any wider ..otherwise it doesn't want to set in the lower pocket

Has anybody tried using an accuwedge to deal with slop? Just curious.