Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wear on the left side with a right hand charging handle is going to be caused by the cam pin.

You are correct in the cam pin, it seems on the extraction cycle when the cam pin pivots it is the exact spot of the gouging which I am getting. Also on the right side "magnetic bolt handle" there is ware but nothing excessive. Also this rifle was returned for a fractured or chipped bolt on the rear side of the guide rode hole. I like the rifle even though it has teething pains.

So possibly stupid question, bit of a newbie to firearm teardowns. Is there a schematic or guide on how to disassemble the bolt carrier group, my serial number is within the recall range. Don't want to bust anything haha

Just got my new WK180 from Wolverine last Wednesday, did the appropriate break-in 30rds no problem.
Took it to the range yesterday and it ran like crap! Failing to extract almost every round; spent case stayed in chamber then bolt cycled trying to feed a new round getting it stuck in the feed ramp. Tried 2 different types of ammo (Independence 5.56 and American Eagle .223) with same result.

When i returned home i disassembled the bolt and when compared to my AR bolt (S&W M&P Sport II) i noticed the WK's extractor spring significantly softer and missing the little rubber donut (o-ring) around the spring. On the WK i can press on the rear part of extractor arm (behind the pivot pin) with my thumbnail and depress it to "lift" the extractor claw, on the AR-15's bolt its much much hard to do so?
Also the spring wider end was sitting against the bolt body instead of against the extractor cup like in all AR's i have.
Do i possibly have a bad extractor?
Rifle has less than 80 rounds through it
EmnLj1K.jpg

Last edited:
Just got my new WK180 from Wolverine last Wednesday, did the appropriate break-in 30rds no problem.
Took it to the range yesterday and it ran like crap! Failing to extract almost every round; spent case stayed in chamber then bolt cycled trying to feed a new round getting it stuck in the feed ramp. Tried 2 different types of ammo (Independence 5.56 and American Eagle .223) with same result.

When i returned home i disassembled the bolt and when compared to my AR bolt (S&W M&P Sport II) i noticed the WK's extractor spring significantly softer and missing the little rubber donut (o-ring) around the spring. On the WK i can press on the rear part of extractor arm (behind the pivot pin) with my thumbnail and depress it to "lift" the extractor claw, on the AR-15's bolt its much much hard to do so?
Also the spring wider end was sitting against the bolt body instead of against the extractor cup like in all AR's i have.
Do i possibly have a bad extractor?
Rifle has less than 80 rounds through it

I had a double feed too, with a weak extractor spring

A few have had this problem, including me. The extractor and spring are the same as an AR. the original spring that comes with the WK has been found to be weak by some.
If you got the part kits there should be a little rubber o-ring that you can put around the extractor spring. This has solved the problem for some people. I decided to replace the entire extractor and spring and added the o-ring and an internal rubber plug that goes inside the spring (you can get them all from True North Arms). Didn't cost much and solved the problem.

So far after about 150 rds. gun is running well..all my Hera mags work now.
I've been using Swiss grease on my magnetic wiggly left side charging handle receiver contact points..
Seems to be running smooth..
No recall on my gun either.. So far gun just works

lugs

Bolt lugs (that's what they're called, not 'teeth') do break on bolts, even AR15s. Bolts are also not cast, they're machined.

thanks so much for correcting my terminology..maybe you could share your vast wisdom on why the bolts and now carriers are breaking. Cast or machined..the point was they were manufactured from inferior metal.

This is the wear from the magnetic charging handle after only two trips to the range. This is not "cosmetic", it is damaging my rifle.

There were also metal shavings in the receiver.

pt7dKaU.jpg
[/IMG]

Are QD sling swivels supposed to fit in the forend? Mine goes in and pop right back out.

Not sure if it was meant for that, but my sling had a tough time fitting in. I actually took a file to the one qd attachment, then it locked in fine.

Last edited:
This is the wear from the magnetic charging handle after only two trips to the range. This is not "cosmetic", it is damaging my rifle.

Bummer, ya Kodiak won't do a thing for you. I've tried going through Wolverine and lots of emails through Kodiak and got nowhere. Wolverine is powerless to do anything about it and Kodiak really couldn't give two ####s about this problem.

Best advice is stop shooting the rifle and wait to purchase the upgraded bolt with threaded handle if you want to stop the chewing up of your receiver.

I wouldn't goes as far to say that Kodiak are crooks but they are walking that thin line with many of their customers. All they are accomplishing by ignoring this problem is creating vocal anger gun owners who just spread the word of how bad support can be from Kodiak if you end up with a lemon. It really is complete bull#### but buyer beware I guess.

It does seem the later serial numbers don't suffer this issue so there is that, but ya... lesson learned

pt7dKaU.jpg
[/IMG]

I have the exact same thing happening after 50 rounds.

I also had the bcg jam inside the barrel when I released it after dropping the mag and showing clear.
literally had to get it home and slam it on the cement floor several times to get it open... it then instantly slammed shut again under the springs and I had to do it over again with just as much force. literally thinking I was going to have to drop a cleaning rod down the barrel and smack it with a mallet. The second attempt I had a wooden dowel ready to pop in the way of the bcg rather than my fingers.

I left wolverine a voicemail on Tuesday and have yet to hear back. Will try again tomorrow.

Bummer, ya Kodiak won't do a thing for you. I've tried going through Wolverine and lots of emails through Kodiak and got nowhere. Wolverine is powerless to do anything about it and Kodiak really couldn't give two ####s about this problem.

Best advice is stop shooting the rifle and wait to purchase the upgraded bolt with threaded handle if you want to stop the chewing up of your receiver.

I wouldn't goes as far to say that Kodiak are crooks but they are walking that thin line with many of their customers. All they are accomplishing by ignoring this problem is creating vocal anger gun owners who just spread the word of how bad support can be from Kodiak if you end up with a lemon. It really is complete bull#### but buyer beware I guess.

It does seem the later serial numbers don't suffer this issue so there is that, but ya... lesson learned

Yeah, I am concerned about further damage so I'm not shooting it until I can replace the magnetic charging handle with the screw-in replacement. I hope they do right by us early purchasers. I will definitely think twice about being one of the first to buy a new, unproven product again.

Well, you need M-lok QD mounting point then! Attachment for button release swivels.

Yea, found out in an earlier thread the holes are just for show, wish they would of finished it and made them usable.
$30 for a mlok qd mount, I should go ghetto/redneck and just thread the loop through the mlok lol

Quick attach and detach

Yea, found out in an earlier thread the holes are just for show, wish they would of finished it and made them usable.
$30 for a mlok qd mount, I should go ghetto/redneck and just thread the loop through the mlok lol

Hi, i thought about swivels a lot since I go out with my Honda atv and where I go, a lot of bumps and a lot of uneven terrain, I really need to sling my rifle if I want to save my vortex scope from falling. Laughoutloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom