Page 86 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6676787980818283848586878889909192939496 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

This is the wear from the magnetic charging handle after only two trips to the range. This is not "cosmetic", it is damaging my rifle.

There were also metal shavings in the receiver.

[IMG][/IMG]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Are QD sling swivels supposed to fit in the forend? Mine goes in and pop right back out.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Are QD sling swivels supposed to fit in the forend? Mine goes in and pop right back out.
    Not sure if it was meant for that, but my sling had a tough time fitting in. I actually took a file to the one qd attachment, then it locked in fine.
    Last edited by Tea; 05-16-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    This is the wear from the magnetic charging handle after only two trips to the range. This is not "cosmetic", it is damaging my rifle.

Bummer, ya Kodiak won't do a thing for you. I've tried going through Wolverine and lots of emails through Kodiak and got nowhere. Wolverine is powerless to do anything about it and Kodiak really couldn't give two ####s about this problem.

Best advice is stop shooting the rifle and wait to purchase the upgraded bolt with threaded handle if you want to stop the chewing up of your receiver.

I wouldn't goes as far to say that Kodiak are crooks but they are walking that thin line with many of their customers. All they are accomplishing by ignoring this problem is creating vocal anger gun owners who just spread the word of how bad support can be from Kodiak if you end up with a lemon. It really is complete bull#### but buyer beware I guess.

It does seem the later serial numbers don't suffer this issue so there is that, but ya... lesson learned

[IMG][/IMG]

I have the exact same thing happening after 50 rounds.

I also had the bcg jam inside the barrel when I released it after dropping the mag and showing clear.
    literally had to get it home and slam it on the cement floor several times to get it open... it then instantly slammed shut again under the springs and I had to do it over again with just as much force. literally thinking I was going to have to drop a cleaning rod down the barrel and smack it with a mallet. The second attempt I had a wooden dowel ready to pop in the way of the bcg rather than my fingers.

I left wolverine a voicemail on Tuesday and have yet to hear back. Will try again tomorrow.
    Educate yourself, then educate those around you.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Looks like you need a new upper! Ever thought about it? Nothing personal.

Well, you need M-lok QD mounting point then! Attachment for button release swivels.

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Bummer, ya Kodiak won't do a thing for you. I've tried going through Wolverine and lots of emails through Kodiak and got nowhere. Wolverine is powerless to do anything about it and Kodiak really couldn't give two ####s about this problem.

Best advice is stop shooting the rifle and wait to purchase the upgraded bolt with threaded handle if you want to stop the chewing up of your receiver.

I wouldn't goes as far to say that Kodiak are crooks but they are walking that thin line with many of their customers. All they are accomplishing by ignoring this problem is creating vocal anger gun owners who just spread the word of how bad support can be from Kodiak if you end up with a lemon. It really is complete bull#### but buyer beware I guess.

It does seem the later serial numbers don't suffer this issue so there is that, but ya... lesson learned
    Yeah, I am concerned about further damage so I'm not shooting it until I can replace the magnetic charging handle with the screw-in replacement. I hope they do right by us early purchasers. I will definitely think twice about being one of the first to buy a new, unproven product again.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    Well, you need M-lok QD mounting point then! Attachment for button release swivels.
    Yea, found out in an earlier thread the holes are just for show, wish they would of finished it and made them usable.
    $30 for a mlok qd mount, I should go ghetto/redneck and just thread the loop through the mlok lol
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quick attach and detach

Yea, found out in an earlier thread the holes are just for show, wish they would of finished it and made them usable.
    $30 for a mlok qd mount, I should go ghetto/redneck and just thread the loop through the mlok lol
    Hi, i thought about swivels a lot since I go out with my Honda atv and where I go, a lot of bumps and a lot of uneven terrain, I really need to sling my rifle if I want to save my vortex scope from falling. Laughoutloud.