Page 60 of 102 FirstFirst ... 405052535455565758596061626364656667687080 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Quote Originally Posted by iceangler650 View Post
    Threaded handle setup will be avail soon through kodiak And Drift117 has a metal deflector in the works
    Can't wait for the threaded handle and a metal deflector to come out.

Deflector has been out for a while now. 3 to choose from
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by kuffs06 View Post
    Deflector has been out for a while now. 3 to choose from
    Yeah 3 metal 0

CGN Ultra frequent flyer migrant hunter's Avatar
    So has anyone had trouble pushing in the stripping button on the rear? I have wk's, have'nt had time to look at the second one til tonight. The button on the rear does'nt seem to go in far enough to free the upper. Anyone else seen this? EDIT-never mind, it just needed "encouraged' with a mallet.
    Last edited by migrant hunter; 04-21-2019 at 12:12 AM.

**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

Unusual wear on the upper receiver of my WK. I just got it, ran it through break in as per manual. Well lubricated and run lightly. No rapid fire. Put 80 rounds through it on say one. Another 50 today and this degree of wear concerns me. Any ideas? Just seems wrong on any rifle.

http://https://1drv.ms/u/s!AijT4dVMD4skgkAVTEhAQJu9ctWp
    I guess he’s trying to post a picture. I'd still like to know how to do it. I’ve seen guys with less posts than I have able to post pics so I must be doing something wrong. I’m clicking the image above and get the other windows to open but when I paste in it nothing happens. Sorry but here a link instead. Didn’t want to make you have to leave the page
    This is just a close up of where my bolt handle is wearing out the receiver. I’m pretty disgusted at this point
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1acvmh4pl..._8224.JPG?dl=0
    Last edited by kuffs06; 04-21-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machiavellian100 View Post
    **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

Unusual wear on the upper receiver of my WK. I just got it, ran it through break in as per manual. Well lubricated and run lightly. No rapid fire. Put 80 rounds through it on say one. Another 50 today and this degree of wear concerns me. Any ideas? Just seems wrong on any rifle.
    I’d like to see your picture. You’re going to have to just paste a link to a third party photo service like I did above. Mine is wearing as well.

I know they are seeing these posts...it would be nice too hear from them. Maybe someone even saying they should be doing something about it
    Agree fully. The handle is clearly a design flaw on early models if it was changed. We should receive the parts free of charge.

Id like to know their reasoning as to why they aren't in agreement.

Unusual wear - link to picture

I’d like to see your picture. You’re going to have to just paste a link to a third party photo service like I did above. Mine is wearing as well.
    I hope this link works. Here goes

Unusual wear on WK180-C (2)

https://imgur.com/gallery/B3hoTCu

Quote Originally Posted by migrant hunter View Post
    So has anyone had trouble pushing in the stripping button on the rear? I have wk's, have'nt had time to look at the second one til tonight. The button on the rear does'nt seem to go in far enough to free the upper. Anyone else seen this? EDIT-never mind, it just needed "encouraged' with a mallet.
    I had the same issue an called Kodiak about it. They said it was probably a defective back plate and they sent me another. They told me to tap it with a hammer, and it worked. Ilater noticed that it was getting stuck on a birr on the upper inner part of the receiver. I knocked thos out and it helped. Also the guide rod holes in the bolt tend to be on the tight side and with burrs on the front end. Have a look at the too.