Page 72 of 102 FirstFirst ... 526264656667686970717273747576777879808292 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

We are listening to customer concerns.

Kodiak and Wolverine are working together to mitigate the concerns of WK180-C rifle owners who have bolts fitted with the magnet in the charging handle.

Please allow us a few days grace to formulate a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post

Kodiak and Wolverine are working together to mitigate the concerns of WK180-C rifle owners who have bolts fitted with the magnet in the charging handle.

I am glad that someone on Wolverine side has heard the complaints and is at least willing to work on it. Thanks John.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Lol
    Rolling the dice is what buying canadian gun products is all about.
    I sold my 180c and immediately went for a Chinese gun (SKS)
    for 200 shipped to my door new in the grease.
    It's been an unstoppable flawless rifle. With minor tweaks, tech sights and Trigger job it shoots as good as the Wk180c did (when it did actually feed and fire...) Good to go.
    For me paying for the shipping was the final straw with the rifle. I'm in Alberta. That was about 45 bucks. Warranty work done. Still would not feed from any steel mags, bolt handle was still eating the inside of the receiver.
    They wanted me to pay another 45 bucks to ship it back again.
    Forget it! Who has time and pateince for that nonsense? You drop 1200 dollars to play spin the QC roulette wheel on Canadian made guns. Plain and simple.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, sell the junk and go back to the Chinese SKS lolol
    I may follow suit. I just paid for shipping from BC. To add insult to injury, you need to look at Kodiak's latest post on IG. Very appropriate for easter. Reminded me of Pontius Pilates
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    The following statement has been released by Kodiak Defence.

The WK 180-C rifle is in current production, Kodiak Defence reserves the right to change details and specifications. We are constantly striving to improve our products. The changes which have occurred are due to customer feedback and suggestions. We value this feedback and use this in our design changes in order to meet our customer demands. Kodiak Defence stands behind the products we manufacture.

If any customers have any cause for concern with their WK 180-C rifle please contact Kodiak Defence at service@kodiakdefence.com

Sales and parts are handled through Wolverine Supplies; sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    Actions speak louder that words. A design flaw is causing severe damage to a lot of rfles, it's tarnishing your reputation, and instead of acknowledging and fixing it, you go head on with your customers telling them it's cosmetic. We're not idiots and most of us have owned and own many guns of many brands, so we're not new to issues either. Change designs, make it better, charge for updates, sure, but a self destructing rifle is a manufacturing issue and has to be covered by warranty. Nobody is amused by the stubborn attitude. You are not standing by your product, your standing by not affecting the bottom line.

Thank you John! Finally a voice of reason!

After seeing the reports of the damage, this is my only concern with this rifle. Otherwise I am very happy, even after my guide rod hole issue.

I would imagine something like us sending in our bolt carriers and handles to Kodiak at their expense, to have them either modify and add the threads, or outright replace and recycle our existing ones, would be a fair solution.

CGN frequent flyer Sherlock Gnomes's Avatar

Thank you John for this post. I have already had a bit of the inside o my receiver damaged due to the bolt handle scratches. Looking forward to a permanent fix to this as I love the rifle other than that.
    Real men use peep sights

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Machiavellian100 View Post
    I may follow suit. I just paid for shipping from BC. To add insult to injury, you need to look at Kodiak's latest post on IG. Very appropriate for easter. Reminded me of Pontius Pilates
    The rifle has a lot of potential to be fair and I will give credit where it's due for what they attempted to bring to the table here with this to be clear.
    But right now its half baked, underdeveloped, spotty customer service and transparency issues from the manufacturer, bad practices of charging the consumer to ship a defective product back for warranty, brushing off rifles literally crumbling from the inside as you shoot them as "cosmetic" (come on FFS...)

I don't like the idea that they rushed this product to market to make sales so they could work out the bugs, fix the half baked portions that were obviously overlooked after they banked some dollars. It's either that or they didn't know/didn't test the rifles off the line (also known as sampling and quality control) before rushing them out and are now handling this in the same manner as they are now regardless of which way it went down.

Couple that with the responses on "cosmetic" wear, attributing customers having bad feeding issues/jams to the magazines (magazines that work in every single other STANAG rifle under the sun), making us pay for shipping because they dropped the ball etc
    It went one of two ways; they knew the initial rifles off the line had these problems and pushed them out anyhow to make bank or they didn't. Either way the way they have been handling some of the actual real problems with the guns that have come up is the same and it's unsat.

One thing that amazes me more than any of this is the willingness of us Canadian consumers to excuse it all and not be upset or even worse willing to bend over and play ball with this horses**t because "well its a cheap NR black rifle, we should be thankful" etc lol Yeah no thanks, f**k that. Where does that put their priority and respect for us as consumers who they are supposed to be making these for!? They didn't do us a favour bringing this to market. We don't owe them anything, that's not how product development, manufacture and consumer purchase works. We give them well over a thousand dollars for their product. Part of the deal is you're supposed to get a product that's ready for use good to go and I'll be damned if I'm going to pretend it's okay. Sorry. I'm not an idiot and I don't like being played.

Even if I got lucky on the dice roll and got one of the ones that worked reasonably well, I would not be on the Stockholm Syndrome camp on this. I 100% don't doubt that SOME of the rifles work. But that's exactly the problem here; consistency and quality on a $1200 product is not there and a lot of the responsibility on this has been dumped on the consumer for putting their faith in the manufacturer. And that's flat out wrong no matter how much I try to see both sides of this.

I legitimately hope they get their collective s**t together. At this point I'm so disappointed and distrustful of any gun product produced in this country that even IF they do work out all these issues and manage to produce a consistent product AND make it right for all the consumers who got f**ked on this. I'll not be engaging. Forget it. I've gone back to proven Norc designs now (some are also s**t ie the T97 etc) SKS, M305's, 1911's etc Maybe I'll put my money back into the domestic market when I see something worth spending it on. That's not right now clearly.

That's my rant lol TB out.
    Last edited by Travis Bickle; 04-25-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    The rifle has a lot of potential to be fair and I will give credit where it's due for what they attempted to bring to the table here with this to be clear.
    But right now its half baked, underdeveloped, spotty customer service and transparency issues from the manufacturer, bad practices of charging the consumer to ship a defective product back for warranty, brushing off rifles literally crumbling from the inside as you shoot them as "cosmetic" (come on FFS...)

I don't like the idea that they rushed this product to market to make sales so they could work out the bugs, fix the half baked portions that were obviously overlooked after they banked some dollars. It's either that or they didn't know/didn't test the rifles off the line (also known as sampling and quality control) before rushing them out and are now handling this in the same manner as they are now regardless of which way it went down.

Couple that with the responses on "cosmetic" wear, attributing customers having bad feeding issues/jams to the magazines (magazines that work in every single other STANAG rifle under the sun), making us pay for shipping because they dropped the ball etc
    It went one of two ways; they knew the initial rifles off the line had these problems and pushed them out anyhow to make bank or they didn't. Either way the way they have been handling some of the actual real problems with the guns that have come up is the same and it's unsat.

One thing that amazes me more than any of this is the willingness of us Canadian consumers to excuse it all and not be upset or even worse willing to bend over and play ball with this horses**t because "well its a cheap NR black rifle, we should be thankful" etc lol Yeah no thanks, f**k that. Where does that put their priority and respect for us as consumers who they are supposed to be making these for!? They didn't do us a favour bringing this to market. We don't owe them anything, that's not how product development, manufacture and consumer purchase works. We give them well over a thousand dollars for their product. Part of the deal is you're supposed to get a product that's ready for use good to go and I'll be damned if I'm going to pretend it's okay. Sorry. I'm not an idiot and I don't like being played.

Even if I got lucky on the dice roll and got one of the ones that worked reasonably well, I would not be on the Stockholm Syndrome camp on this. I 100% don't doubt that SOME of the rifles work. But that's exactly the problem here; consistency and quality on a $1200 product is not there and a lot of the responsibility on this has been dumped on the consumer for putting their faith in the manufacturer. And that's flat out wrong no matter how much I try to see both sides of this.

I legitimately hope they get their collective s**t together. At this point I'm so disappointed and distrustful of any gun product produced in this country that even IF they do work out all these issues and manage to produce a consistent product AND make it right for all the consumers who got f**ked on this. I'll not be engaging. Forget it. I've gone back to proven Norc designs now (some are also s**t ie the T97 etc) SKS, M305's, 1911's etc Maybe I'll put my money back into the domestic market when I see something worth spending it on. That's not right now clearly.

That's my rant lol TB out.
    BRAVO! Agreed! I feel insulted and cheated. I will be getting rid of mine and buying an SU16 feom Keltec. They honor their warranty, for life.

Finally had a chance to speak with someone at Kodiak. I’ll be sending my rifle back on for inspection as they did finally agree it’s showing signs of wear and not just cosmetic. After a conversation I can say they are trying to come up with a more cost affective fix to the existing rifles with magnetic charging handles as the bolts and new handles are expensive. I’m satisfied with the conversation I had and will keep you posted. I just wish I could have had that from the beginning and not have to had get so aggravated first.
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!