Page 70 of 102 FirstFirst ... 506062636465666768697071727374757677788090 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Big JD-From the hills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    I have the same issue, charging handle is tearing my upper apart. Not just scuffing of the surface but full blown gouges and shaving of the metal.

Got the same response from Owen, deemed cosmetic and until the rifle stops working they wont do anything about addressing it. I'll try the upgraded threaded bolt/handle when it's available to see if that stops it. My Cam pin that slides along the upper is also doing a number on the finish but I suspect thats normal for the design ?
    Another part that I took the sharp edges off and polished.

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    I have the same issue, charging handle is tearing my upper apart. Not just scuffing of the surface but full blown gouges and shaving of the metal.

Got the same response from Owen, deemed cosmetic and until the rifle stops working they wont do anything about addressing it. I'll try the upgraded threaded bolt/handle when it's available to see if that stops it. My Cam pin that slides along the upper is also doing a number on the finish but I suspect thats normal for the design ?
    Don’t you think they should be giving you the parts instead of giving in to them and pay for them? That’s what I’m pissed at...not the fact that its happening. It’s a matter of principle! They don’t deserve to sell rifles!
    I would never buy from a company who does not support their product. I only wish I never bought it and I can tell you that if I saw these posts there’s no way I would ever buy anything from them solely because they’re doing this!
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by WereWeasel View Post
    Do the shoulders also look more like beer bottles?

This is what I got.

Quote Originally Posted by kuffs06 View Post
    Don’t you think they should be giving you the parts instead of giving in to them and pay for them? That’s what I’m pissed at...not the fact that its happening. It’s a matter of principle! They don’t deserve to sell rifles!
    I would never buy from a company who does not support their product. I only wish I never bought it and I can tell you that if I saw these posts there’s no way I would ever buy anything from them solely because they’re doing this!
    Well said. Totally agree with you! I wouldn't buy anything else on principle. PAYING FOR A PART I DIDN'T DESIGN OR BREAK IS NOT AN OPTION. Nobody should roll over and shell out money.

If any of you are journalists or lawyers, or have huge media following, ot have friends in those areas, help make this an itch Kodiak will need to scratch. Heck, I don't post much gun stuff on my IG and I started as well as many.

The rifles getting gauged by bolt are losing any resale value. By the time Kodiak realizes the huge business error the made by being jerks about it will leave them with depleted to few sales, if any, and all of us with worthless rifles.
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

After all this, I may unload mine after I get it back. I've lost confidence in the company and the product. Too bad. I loved the concept, but I can't risk putting my life in the hands of cost cutters. For all I know, this rifle could have another flaw deemed "cosmetic". I bought a rifle, not a Russian roulette trigger activated fragmentation grenade and I have this addiction to NOT being impaled by pieces of my sporting rifle.
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grizzlypeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big JD-From the hills View Post
    This is what I got.

Something is wrong with that chamber. If someone had a bore scope and could post an image, it would be interesting to see if the chamber has that corresponding high ring.
    NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DISCLOSE “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Cesare Beccaria

Any news on the new charging handle? I don’t want to shoot yet until I meet my safety requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlypeg View Post
    Something is wrong with that chamber. If someone had a bore scope and could post an image, it would be interesting to see if the chamber has that corresponding high ring.
    I could probably do that, it's not gonna be a high resolution photo. I know exactly what its gonna look like though. I'm getting good accuracy out of the thing so I'm not gonna worry.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    Looking forward to seeing how Wolverine and Kodiak resolve these issues.... how they end up handling it will affect my decisions on purchasing the WK181 when available, and anything else they are producing/selling....
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

That's exactly what I have, it goes bang, doesn't jam and fed from any magazine I ran through it.