Page 87 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6777798081828384858687888990919293949597 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

CGN frequent flyer
    what are some extra part in the box for?some sort of set screw and plastic cap.

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a wk180c, serial number 19CA1770 and i need some info on the following:
    - what allen key size is for the handguard (i tried 1/8 and 7/64. 1/8 is too big and 7/64 is too small)
    - Is broken piston spring covered under warranty? are there stronger replacements? If so where?
    - Is charging handle damaging upper receiver covered by warranty?

My rifle ceased to operate as a semi-auto rifle after 200 rounds at the range. Upon inspection i found that a portion of the piston spring broke off and there are some metal "rolls/shavings" where the piston rod is located. I am having trouble trying to dissemble the foregrip for further inspection as 1/8" allen key is too large and 7/64" is too small. I also observe that a noticeable amount of metal from upper receiver are being shaved off for just shooting 200 rounds.

It would be much appreciated if people could direct me to the right places. Also just curiosity sake, anyone else having the same problems?

METRIC !!!

I forget what exact mm... contact Owen from kodiak and send that thing back.
    Someone stop the planet and let me off for awhile. I need a break from all this stupidity!!! - posted by Northern Amateur

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Big JD-From the hills's Avatar
    Takes a 3mm key.

You’re not the only one. Receiver is not covered but Spring is. There’s a lot of info in the precious Pages about it all
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEng View Post
    Hey guys,

I recently purchased a wk180c, serial number 19CA1770 and i need some info on the following:
    - what allen key size is for the handguard (i tried 1/8 and 7/64. 1/8 is too big and 7/64 is too small)
    - Is broken piston spring covered under warranty? are there stronger replacements? If so where?

My rifle ceased to operate as a semi-auto rifle after 200 rounds at the range. Upon inspection i found that a portion of the piston spring broke off and there are some metal "rolls/shavings" where the piston rod is located. I am having trouble trying to dissemble the foregrip for further inspection as 1/8" allen key is too large and 7/64" is too small. I also observe that a noticeable amount of metal from upper receiver are being shaved off for just shooting 200 rounds.

It would be much appreciated if people could direct me to the right places. Also just curiosity sake, anyone else having the same problems?

**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    Handguard allen keys are metric, but dont bother. Contact Kodiak, send the pics and send the whole rifle back for repairs. Unfortunately you're just another victim of Kodiak's learning curve. Have a look back on these pages, you'll see that owning a WK180-C should come with a Costco sized bottle of Advil. Receiver wear is considered "cosmetic" by Kodiak even though it's not, so don't hold your breath on that one.
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    what are some extra part in the box for?some sort of set screw and plastic cap.
    The plastic cap is a nylon guide for the gas piston. It wears after a couple of thousand shots. The C clips cam be useful in case one flies out during a field strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Bummer, ya Kodiak won't do a thing for you. I've tried going through Wolverine and lots of emails through Kodiak and got nowhere. Wolverine is powerless to do anything about it and Kodiak really couldn't give two ####s about this problem.

Best advice is stop shooting the rifle and wait to purchase the upgraded bolt with threaded handle if you want to stop the chewing up of your receiver.

I wouldn't goes as far to say that Kodiak are crooks but they are walking that thin line with many of their customers. All they are accomplishing by ignoring this problem is creating vocal anger gun owners who just spread the word of how bad support can be from Kodiak if you end up with a lemon. It really is complete bull#### but buyer beware I guess.

It does seem the later serial numbers don't suffer this issue so there is that, but ya... lesson learned
    You're too kind. They are crooks trying to do as little as possible to not get slapped with a lawsuit, which, BTW, I'm all for.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalSparky25 View Post
    METRIC !!!

I forget what exact mm... contact Owen from kodiak and send that thing back.
    I agree, and another one bites the dust. What a disaster.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeEng View Post
    Hey guys,

Message em let kodiak know they will likely send the new spring right away and your in the recall I believe which should get you the new threaded handle and carrier which stops the reciever gouging