Page 89 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6979818283848586878889909192939495969799 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

When cycling the action, bottom of the BCG is quite rough and creates a lot of friction when sliding over the hammer... The feeling is VERY rough and creates so much friction to the point of occasionally binding and stopping the bolt from going home under spring tension alone. After just a dozen or so cycles I can see a small amount of accumulated material on the bottom of the BCG that wore off from where it slides against the hammer.

Is this normal and will it wear in / smoothen out with time?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoril View Post
    When cycling the action, bottom of the BCG is quite rough and creates a lot of friction when sliding over the hammer... The feeling is VERY rough and creates so much friction to the point of occasionally binding and stopping the bolt from going home under spring tension alone. After just a dozen or so cycles I can see a small amount of accumulated material on the bottom of the BCG that wore off from where it slides against the hammer.

Is this normal and will it wear in / smoothen out with time?
    I haven;t seen that with mine.. I don't think any gun should be like that??

It sounds like the parts were poorly deburred after manufacture. If I were you I'd probably pull the hammer out and stone the edge causing the grinding until the problem stopped. That said the hammer should be pushed down a small amount by the bolt to ensure that it catches on the sear properly. You may also want to smooth out the bottom of your bolt. You may also want to check with the distributor before doing this in case it violates warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper_485 View Post
    It sounds like the parts were poorly deburred after manufacture. If I were you I'd probably pull the hammer out and stone the edge causing the grinding until the problem stopped. That said the hammer should be pushed down a small amount by the bolt to ensure that it catches on the sear properly. You may also want to smooth out the bottom of your bolt. You may also want to check with the distributor before doing this in case it violates warranty.
    Sniper_485 Not a good idea to promote home gunsmith repairs with the less informed, especially removing material from components. Modifications=void warranty....

Followed the link to wriggle repair.

Went to T & T Auto Parts and bought a couple of oil resistance O rings. Installed them on the WK180-C - PERFECTION no movement between upper and lower receivers.

Glad I did it, would have bugged me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BeadyEye View Post

Went to T & T Auto Parts and bought a couple of oil resistance O rings. Installed them on the WK180-C - PERFECTION no movement between upper and lower receivers.

Or even tin foil for a quick fix

Quote Originally Posted by BeadyEye View Post

I only used 1 and it works! You installed 2? Where? I put 1 around the lug.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    I received my new bolt carrier group with threaded bolt, but I sent my whole thing only to be missing my bolt because I did not remove the bolt so I wait again, o.k patient is the name of the game for me.
    Hi, I received my bolt in no time, now the frustration, I now have to install it but I might have to ask for a video how to do it.

Hey guys,

I am curious as to whether everyones cam pins are rough, pics are much appreciated, thanks.

-Robbie L

-Robbie L

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    Hi, I received my bolt in no time, now the frustration, I now have to install it but I might have to ask for a video how to do it.
    There is a video on you tube showing how to put the bolt carrier group back to gather. Just type in Wk180c you will see some videos there. There is one showing how the carrier group comes apart