Page 95 of 102 FirstFirst ... 758587888990919293949596979899100101102 LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Quote Originally Posted by sded View Post
    Owen at Kodiak responded with the following:
    "If you request that on the information card you send in, we will either replace it if it is nitrided, or hold onto it until the upgrade is ready if it is not."

"hold onto it until the ugrade is ready if it is not" is not exactly helpful when I am specifically asking if it is ready or not considering the timeline seems to have been a couple weeks over a month ago..
    I got the same answer. Wouldn’t it have been easier to just give everyone with the old magnetic bolt the upgrade than try to redesign the existing magnetic one!!! I mean they are now on the third generation for a fix!
    It all turned me off to the point I sold the rifle and haven’t look back.
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

CGN Regular
    Holy crap folks just use a drop or two of blue loc-tite on the threaded bolt handle upgrade. My bolt was upgraded with no drama. 1200 rounds through it and it is still tight.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny the boy View Post
    Holy crap folks just use a drop or two of blue loc-tite on the threaded bolt handle upgrade. My bolt was upgraded with no drama. 1200 rounds through it and it is still tight.
    Don't you need to remove the bolt to clean it (not talking cleaning after 20 rds, but hundreds and or putting it aside cause you are shooting a different rifle for a while)?

Any one with extractor issues? 50 rounds in and it started for me.....not very happy. I hope to sort this out quickly.
    The right, always trumph!

I remove my charge handle all the time to clean the rifle. You do in fact need to remove it from the bolt carrier to properly clean the rifle.

BANNED
    I can't wait to get my bolt carrier back and be rid of this POS gun. This after I completely bought into the hype and thought I got so lucky buying it unused from a guy who no longer wanted it for a fair price. I guess the only saving grace is I didn't pay current full price and have to wait 9+ months.

Hi John

I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that my WK180-C is still working fine at 2000 rounds through her man I love this rifle thank you all for getting this one out there.

Bill Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by sded View Post
    I can't wait to get my bolt carrier back and be rid of this POS gun. This after I completely bought into the hype and thought I got so lucky buying it unused from a guy who no longer wanted it for a fair price. I guess the only saving grace is I didn't pay current full price and have to wait 9+ months.
    I'll pay shipping if you want to send it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by redbirddog View Post
    Any one with extractor issues? 50 rounds in and it started for me.....not very happy. I hope to sort this out quickly.
    Yes. Contact Wolverine and they will send you an o-ring kit for the bolt. It seats under the extractor. 5 min fix and you're good to go.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

CGN Regular
    Hi again and yes the bolt handle must be removed to clean rifle. I always use loc-tite BLUE [ low strength for threads up to 1/4 inch.] It is easilly removeable but will hold under many conditions. Been using it for years on firearms / motorcycles / cars etc with no drama. Another 300 rounds down range yesterday [ until a t-storm arrived ] no issues with weapon.