Page 69 of 102 FirstFirst ... 495961626364656667686970717273747576777989 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Quote Originally Posted by Machiavellian100 View Post
    My respect Sir. Thank you.

This is the kind of response they need to see and know will happen. Respect!!
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Good day
    I have a 2019 manufacture 556 barrel. Finally had time to shoot it today ran 30 rounds of Winchester value pack then probably 30 rounds of 55gr VMAX handloads. Gun worked great however all the brass has a ring around the shoulder; no ftf or fte. Looks a lot like a chipped reamer has anyone else notice this?

Quote Originally Posted by kuffs06 View Post
    This is the kind of response they need to see and know will happen. Respect!!
    I sent an email to Owen at Kodiak expressing my dissatisfaction with this whole charging handle debacle. Everyone else should too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Big JD-From the hills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WereWeasel View Post
    Good day
    I have a 2019 manufacture 556 barrel. Finally had time to shoot it today ran 30 rounds of Winchester value pack then probably 30 rounds of 55gr VMAX handloads. Gun worked great however all the brass has a ring around the shoulder; no ftf or fte. Looks a lot like a chipped reamer has anyone else notice this?
    Yup mine has the same thing going on, I will try and post pictures of the brass tonight. I'm just happy that the rest of the chamber seems to be smooth, and it's not struggling to extract ect.

Oh and on that bolt breakage thing, I thought it would be a good idea to grind that part back so it doesn't slam into the rear of the receiver, but it apears the rear of the bolt on mine was already shaped so it doesnt contact... it does look like they are making improvements along the way.
    Last edited by Big JD-From the hills; 04-24-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    I sent an email to Owen at Kodiak expressing my dissatisfaction with this whole charging handle debacle. Everyone else should too.
    I did and they keep insisting it’s cosmetic. What am I supposed to do, keep shooting the rifle until the whole inside is worn down to half of the original size! I don’t even want to shoot it anymore until this gets sorted out.
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Big JD-From the hills View Post
    Yup mine has the same thing going on, I will try and post pictures of the brass tonight. I'm just happy that the rest of the chamber seems to be smooth, and it's not struggling to extract ect.
    Do the shoulders also look more like beer bottles?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxs View Post
    This failure is not unique to your rifle,the whole bolt and charging handle need an upgrade. Imagine if the shards caused a trigger or safety failure......
    I can tell you from reliability testing of my last rifle (before I dumped the lemon...) that the trigger assy pocket in the receiver is very tight by design.
    Even slight debris in there did and will cause issues with the sear and disconnect. There is no room for anything to be in there without impacting the function of the trigger.

Just getting small amounts of snow in there caused partial disengagement of the sear to the point where it was hanging on by a hair and actually went off after squeezing trigger, failure to drop hammer and releasing tension on the trigger.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    Yep. Me too. Trust me, he's heard plenty from me. He and I are in disagreement but, I gave my 2 cents. This will cone back to bite them in the ass big time.
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

Quote Originally Posted by kuffs06 View Post
    I did and they keep insisting it’s cosmetic. What am I supposed to do, keep shooting the rifle until the whole inside is worn down to half of the original size! I don’t even want to shoot it anymore until this gets sorted out.
    I wouldn't shoot it until this gets sorted out, it's going to destroy the receiver. If it were a car and a wheel rubbed on a fender, the damage would be cosmetic...until you got a blow out. I'm getting a new updated bolt because mine shattered and they don't have any more of the old ones. I'm seriously considering dumping thebrifle while it's still worth a dime. Sad that even Norinco has less issues. I didn't buy an old M305 clone or a Ruger mini because I didn't want headaches...and here we are. Thisbis supposed to be a tech page and it's turned into customer dissatisfaction forum. That in itself should clue them in. Mr. Wolverine has been absent from these posts. I would like him to chime in.
    " Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound" 😁

I have the same issue, charging handle is tearing my upper apart. Not just scuffing of the surface but full blown gouges and shaving of the metal.

Got the same response from Owen, deemed cosmetic and until the rifle stops working they wont do anything about addressing it. I'll try the upgraded threaded bolt/handle when it's available to see if that stops it. My Cam pin that slides along the upper is also doing a number on the finish but I suspect thats normal for the design ?
    Last edited by Merovingian; 04-24-2019 at 04:32 PM. Reason: added more