Page 43 of 102 FirstFirst ... 233335363738394041424344454647484950515363 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Quote Originally Posted by robandkara View Post
    My charging handle wasn't staked properly either, and even with it, it didn't hold very strong. I ended up drilling out the hole on the charging handle and replaced the tiny magnet with two rare earth magnets, press fit in. Holds much better now.[IMG][/IMG]
    I like that. I don't have a lot of confidence I the current charging handle and magnet set up.

Yes I like that set up alot better than the stock one. Maybe kodiak could sell an upgraded one with a stronger magnet.
    Someone stop the planet and let me off for awhile. I need a break from all this stupidity!!! - posted by Northern Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalSparky25 View Post
    Yes I like that set up alot better than the stock one. Maybe kodiak could sell an upgraded one with a stronger magnet.
    Maybe Kodiak can find out where Lee Valley Tools gets their rare earth magnets.
    These magnets are crazy strong.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

CGN Regular
    Some of us are requesting the other 180 manufacturer on here to make an upgraded charging handle. They are the only ones making upgrades for the WK180. If they get enough requests I'm sure they would make something for us.

Decoded to take off the handguard to clean out everything yesterday . Holy **** were those screws on there tight. With the proper Allen keys all but 3 came out. They were extremely torqued. No locktite as others said they had but ended up using a dremel to make then into flat head screws as they would not come out. Will need more screws but also tempted in a new handguard with more clearance inside.

Anyone have a suggestion for the best free floating handguard with the least amount of work

If I remembered correctly, the TNA handguard can be fitted without even swapping the barrel nut. It clamps around the existing barrel nut and clears the gas block. A few people here have been using that setup.

Thanks JW127, good to know

I'm having a lot of failure to eject issues ever since I got my WK180C a couple weeks ago... All components cleaned and lubed as per manual, extractor spring has been stretched a little to try and help, results are that casings no longer remain seated in barrel (which is what was occurring originally, manually cycling bolt would clear and eject casing), but now get stuck in chamber and magazine removal to clear is required. After cleaning and reassembling rifle is good for around 4 shots feeding and ejecting correctly then it is a constant failure to eject, manually clearing every time, mags and ammo make no difference.

Ammo tried: American Eagle XM855 Greentip 5.56, American eagle .223
    Mags tried: Hera 5 round mags (came with rifle), C-defense LAR-15 10 round pistol mags

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1452 View Post
    I'm having a lot of failure to eject issues ever since I got my WK180C a couple weeks ago... All components cleaned and lubed as per manual, extractor spring has been stretched a little to try and help, results are that casings no longer remain seated in barrel (which is what was occurring originally, manually cycling bolt would clear and eject casing), but now get stuck in chamber and magazine removal to clear is required. After cleaning and reassembling rifle is good for around 4 shots feeding and ejecting correctly then it is a constant failure to eject, manually clearing every time, mags and ammo make no difference.

Mags tried: Hera 5 round mags (came with rifle), C-defense LAR-15 10 round pistol mags
    some have had issues with the extractors and springs. Contact Kodiak they will quickly get you sorted out.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1452 View Post

I replaced my extractor and spring and it works fine now.