Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Cost-effective barrel torque tools

[QUOTE=True North Arms Corp;14587468]The rods from other brands tend to knock toe nails off better than this does. Especially if dropped from above your head pointy end down. We/ I do all the product testing our selves internally ... I need a raise...

besides that, not much

Rule #17, don't work on black guns in flip-flops.

Plus another vote for .308 rod.
    He can't shoot like that with a stock Savage and a Bushnell scope

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    The rods from other brands tend to knock toe nails off better than this does. Especially if dropped from above your head pointy end down. We/ I do all the product testing our selves internally ... I need a raise...

besides that, not much

yep just send us an email for a new code
    Ah what, I didn't know I could use the code again! Just put my order in last night.

I was also thinking about some LAR mags and couplers. Why don't the E-Lander mags work with the MagWedge couplers?

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Id like a .223 .308 combo.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Why don't the E-Lander mags work with the MagWedge couplers?
    they have a weird floorplate design, the lips are too thick for the coupler slots
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

CGN frequent flyer
    TNA I have some feedback.

I received the barrel torque tool for the 223. It seems to have fitting issues with an NEA upper that I got (one of those burnt bronze uppers). The torque tool is very tight - this is gonna go down the wrong way but I did lube the torque tool, slowly eased it and out a couple of times. It is slowly getting loose but still a bit tight to my liking.

The same tool works on my Colt IUR upper. It could be that the Colt has been fired several hundred rounds already while the NEA is brand new. A BCG (from Stagarms) has no issues fitting the NEA upper.

Could it be due to the burnt bronze finish adding some thickness to it?

I did some measurements using my digital caliper.

The torque rod diameter is ~1.002"
    The diameter of the opening of the NEA upper where the barrel goes in is ~1.003"
    The diameter of the opening where the BCG would go in is ~ .994"

Seems odd - could be my upper not being within spec or the rod just has too tight of a tolerance?
    Last edited by roadcarver; 02-10-2018 at 11:11 AM.

+ one on 308 / 556 set

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    We've had many requests for some cost-effective barrel torque tools so here they are ...

These will be perfect for installing barrels in the Maccabee Defense SLR where your typical clamshell-style vice block won't work.

You simply clamp the flattened end into any old bench vise, then stick the other end up the wazoo of your upper receiver into the barrel extension. Then get your barrel nut and/or muzzle device and start screwing.

Barrel Torque Tool

Attachment 150859

Made from hardened steel. Well actually it was made from steel first and then hardened. Bonus feature -- if dropped, it becomes a toe detector.
    The flat side of this tool is very important to keep the spline stable in the vise.

If you are bringing in a 308 model I am in as well as long as the tool also have the flat part.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabmtlzzz View Post
    Why not make it double ended ?
    Because of the above....you need the flat part to be held by your vise. You can hold the upper horizontal or vertical with this tool and make it easy to work on say removing a muzzle brake....installing or removing a barrel nut.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilius View Post
    I mean, I KINDA wanna call out another manufacturer, but, what does the Geissele reaction rod do that this doesn't, for more than double the price?
    No difference functionally. But they do have the brand name....maybe that's where the additional cost is coming from.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    TNA I have some feedback.

I received the barrel torque tool for the 223. It seems to have fitting issues with an NEA upper that I got (one of those burnt bronze uppers). The torque tool is very tight - this is gonna go down the wrong way but I did lube the torque tool, slowly eased it and out a couple of times. It is slowly getting loose but still a bit tight to my liking.

The same tool works on my Colt IUR upper. It could be that the Colt has been fired several hundred rounds already while the NEA is brand new. A BCG (from Stagarms) has no issues fitting the NEA upper.

Could it be due to the burnt bronze finish adding some thickness to it?

I did some measurements using my digital caliper.

The torque rod diameter is ~1.002"
    The diameter of the opening of the NEA upper where the barrel goes in is ~1.003"
    The diameter of the opening where the BCG would go in is ~ .994"

Seems odd - could be my upper not being within spec or the rod just has too tight of a tolerance?
    I believe we have spoken by email and this is resolved unless you're a carbon copy of somebody else :D

In our experience, NEA parts don't like to work with non-NEA parts
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

CGN frequent flyer
    I believe we have spoken by email and this is resolved unless you're a carbon copy of somebody else :D

In our experience, NEA parts don't like to work with non-NEA parts
    Commercial-spec, Mil-spec, Nea-spec