Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: WK180-C Builds!

Has someone made a stock adapter for the ACR stock?

Can anyone confirm if the handgaurd can be swapped out. As far as I understand as long as it is free floating it should be okay? Is the gas block that touches to OEM hangaurd an issue? has anyone switched their handgaurd out? was it an easy switch (just the screws right)?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by My Third Eye View Post
    Can anyone confirm if the handgaurd can be swapped out. As far as I understand as long as it is free floating it should be okay? Is the gas block that touches to OEM hangaurd an issue? has anyone switched their handgaurd out? was it an easy switch (just the screws right)?
    You can but the gas block is very large so 99% of hand guards will not fit. You likely would have to change the barrel nut to one that comes with the hand guard. This is the biggest disappointment with this rifle. It is still fantastic but the hand guard that comes with is pretty much the only one that fits.
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    You can but the gas block is very large so 99% of hand guards will not fit. You likely would have to change the barrel nut to one that comes with the hand guard. This is the biggest disappointment with this rifle. It is still fantastic but the hand guard that comes with is pretty much the only one that fits.
    Is there any solutions to the gas block? I am guessing I can't just get new one? I guess what I am asking is there anyway to to "fix" the gas block so it can take most handgaurds? Or is this a more down the road kind of thing?

Is there any solutions to the gas block? I am guessing I can't just get new one? I guess what I am asking is there anyway to to "fix" the gas block so it can take most handgaurds? Or is this a more down the road kind of thing?
    Remove the gas block and have a machinist or tool and die guy shave off a few thousands of an inch. How much can actually be removed. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
    Remove the gas block and have a machinist or tool and die guy shave off a few thousands of an inch.
    And this will allow for other hand guards? I was getting the impression that the gas block is quite bulky and that only shaving that small amount off will simply allow the OEM hand guard to no longer touch the gas block. Will shaving off the few thousands of an inch allow for other hand guards? Are you sure this modification is not for just the OEM hand guard?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay View Post
    I would love to see a post like this for the Stag-10
    I don't think you quite comprehend the sheer inconceivable number of configurations available for the AR platform. That post could consume all of CGN

CGN frequent flyer
    And this will allow for other hand guards? I was getting the impression that the gas block is quite bulky and that only shaving that small amount off will simply allow the OEM hand guard to no longer touch the gas block. Will shaving off the few thousands of an inch allow for other hand guards? Are you sure this modification is not for just the OEM hand guard?
    It is not about shaving some off. Its about it being a large piston. I'm still very happy to get one but this was sold as an ar alternative that takes AR parts. 100% technically correct but in practise. You cannot buy 18.6+ in barrels with carbine gas systems off the shelf. The piston is to big to take standard hand guards and the hand guard really needs side access to disassemble easily for cleaning.

The WK180 has changed into a more off the shelf item. I would love to see some aftermarket support for a longer gas system that fit under standard hand guards. I suspect this would be a winner. Wolverine really missed this one part. I suspect they should have made the price 1100 from the start and done it properly then go carbine length to have less material and eliminate the aftermarket. I actually was in on the 10 mid length mistake guns but the delay would have been so long and they still would not fit standard handguards, but at least you could swap barrels.

Long and short If the gas system was longer and smaller then it truly would have been a grand slam not just a home run. It is what it is. If it shots 223/556 at 1-2 MOA and is Non restrictedf for a grand you cannot fault it in any way.

Also as mentioned above the stag 10 is a great option as everything is DPMS and everything off the shelf works but its 7.62 not 5.56. Cost to build one up and run is double the ar15 platform.
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

Clearance the hand guard. Install it, move on.

Ill post pics when ever I get one.

CGN Regular
    The hand guard that Wolverine decided to put on this gun is about as good as it gets. I’m not sure what you would improve other than clearance at the gas block.