Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: WK180-C Builds!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I've heard some mostly negative comments about the trigger. Like how bad bad is it actually? Like SKS bad style or what would one have to expect? Would it be wise to change the trigger in order to get a well shooting rifle before putting lipstick on the p.........?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by riversrest View Post
    I've heard some mostly negative comments about the trigger. Like how bad bad is it actually? Like SKS bad style or what would one have to expect? Would it be wise to change the trigger in order to get a well shooting rifle before putting lipstick on the p.........?
    Its a matter of personal preference. I won't be changing the trigger on mine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cranky Pants's Avatar
    N.S.--Not far from the guy who killed bill C-391
    I'll be changing mine, way too much creep and too heavy a pull for the coyote hunting I intend to use it for. Not going to break the bank on a trigger but something lighter and crisper will be nice. I do appreciate that the safety is silent in operation, that cost me one dog in the past.

"You can't fix stupid but you can bury it."
    CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Pants View Post
    I'll be changing mine, way too much creep and too heavy a pull for the coyote hunting I intend to use it for. Not going to break the bank on a trigger but something lighter and crisper will be nice. I do appreciate that the safety is silent in operation, that cost me one dog in the past.
    I have an SSA-E in my AR. Went with the $110 ALG for the 180. It's an awesome trigger for the price.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cranky Pants's Avatar
    N.S.--Not far from the guy who killed bill C-391
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    I have an SSA-E in my AR. Went with the $110 ALG for the 180. It's an awesome trigger for the price.

Thanks for the tip, I see they don't list the pull but rather say it is not less than 5.5 lbs. Would you say it is less than the stock trigger?
    "You can't fix stupid but you can bury it."
    CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Well this isn't a WK 180c but it's a good reference for how a luth stock looks on one for those who might be thinking about it.

I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

CGN Regular
    Will fixed stocks need a new buffer tube etc?

I know the ARFX stock does. I am waiting for one to come to put mine together.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Pants View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I see they don't list the pull but rather say it is not less than 5.5 lbs. Would you say it is less than the stock trigger?
    The ALG is Mil-spec so 'around' 6 pounds. I don't have a trigger gauge to check it with but there is no grittiness at all so when you pull the trigger it just breaks nicely with a fairly short reset.

Because it is smoother than the OEM trigger it 'seems' like a lighter pull, but as I say I have no way to measure it.

Could you take the OEM trigger out and polish it to make it way better? Probably.
    If you don't want to drop the C note plus it might be worth the effort. Plenty of YouTube videos out there showing you what to polish on an AR trigger.

I'm going to polish the OEM one for a spare.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Quote Originally Posted by brordo View Post
    i'd be in for the acr stock/adapter...
    x2!