Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optics Suggestions for Serbu RN-50 (Dlask Arms)

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    What do you guys think about the Nikon Black X1000 6-24 x 50 ? Gets good reviews. Not a FFP scope but I have seen it on sale for a decent price. ($650 ish)
    PMed
    Team opticspice
    https://opticspice.ca
    info@opticspice.ca
    Performance can be affordable
    Wechat: CanadianMinuteMan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hsatimmy View Post
    Flip up backup A-A sights
    That’s all I have one my Lynx at the moment lol!!!
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

Are there any accuracy reviews on this gun yet?
    "You can get more done with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone." ~ Al Capone
    CSAAA ADFGA

Quote Originally Posted by RPgunguy View Post
    Are there any accuracy reviews on this gun yet?
    Same barrel and brake as Serbu uses on the BFG-50A and it gets great reviews for accuracy. Personally I would think it actually may be a bit more accurate because it is such a solid platform with no moving bit. I don't have a FFP red dot to test it that far though...
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Swfa

I highly recommend a fixed 6 power SWFA. These scope are mil-spec, manufacturer rated for 50 cal, they track perfectly and if necessary, you can pound nails with them. They start at $500cnd shipped and for an extra $100us you can get the side paralex knob. Fixed 10 is also an option if preferred. You can now order these directly from SWFA, they deal with the export paperwork for free. When I ordered mine it arrived in about 5 days. There are scopes that are scope that are superior, but not for under 1K imo.

CGN Regular
    I have the 10x40 LRS tactical from Bushnell on my LR 308, glass is surprisingly clear. picked it up last year for 250 after rebates and what not. honestly very good bang for the buck.
    Some of the best groups ive shot are with that scope.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Got my bipod from Dlask yesterday. I should be all set to go out shooting a few this summer but I had trouble mounting my Bushnell scope so I went with the NcStar. Now when I bought this scope I did look into it and on the manufacturers website they state that they test them on 50 BMG so I'm hoping it survives until I can save for a better scope, not banking on it though. I did buy it new about 11 of 12 years ago and have not mounted it or used it at all so it's in like new shape.

Thinking about going with a Vortex Viper when I can afford it they go for about 700 and I've seen used one's much cheaper. Maybe I'll sell some Mosins and SKS's and see if I can scrape some cash up. What do you guys think of the Vipers? Yay or Nay

BTW here's a pic of my rifle so far, still needs work YES but it should be shootable right now.

CGN Regular
    Nice, I have an offer to trade my Remington 783 for a 6-24x50 Vortex Crossfire II this weekend that I might take to strap on my RN-50. Any opinions on that?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Don't know! I heard good things about Vortex and I hear bad things about Vortex. They do seem to have a good warranty though. Hopefully some will chime in with opinions.

The one I'm looking at is the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA Mil Dot Reticle 30mm Tube, it's $700.00 new available from several sponsors here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Looking quickly at sponsors sites the Crossfire you are looking at goes for about $459.00 brand new. It's seems to be the little brother to the one I'm looking at. It doesn't have target turrets nor a side parallax adjuster.

If it's a used scope for trade price would be lower so keep that in mind when/if trading for it. Again though I have no experience with Vortex so hopefully someone who does can chime in. Good luck.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast