Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Optics Suggestions for Serbu RN-50 (Dlask Arms)

BANNED
    at the end of the day you can obviously do what you want, but if you put a bumper sticker on a lambo there will be many criticizing you, and rightly so. That being said the vast majority of people on here will not be going to war with their 50 cals lol, so do whatever blows your hair back. Personally I wouldn't trust the crossfire series from vortex with a 50 cal recoil impulse, but you should be able to find a used HST model from vortex in your price range that would be much better.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    What's the difference from the Viper PA I'm looking at to the Viper HS-T that is $250.00 more expensive. I agree though the Crossfire probably isn't the best scope to put on a 50. If I'm gonna spend my money I'll buy what works but at a good price. Like the OP I think a budget of up to $700.00 should be able to buy something to put on these that works!

Vortex crossfire is their entry level offering, 50 bmg is not an entry level cartridge. You want the optic to survive, and you want to be able to see your target CLEARLY at 800 yards plus. I would suggest looking at nothing less that mid range offerings from any manufacturer if you are on a budget. I would think you should spend a minimum of $600 - $700 to get the minimum clarity and robustness that you are looking for.
    If you spend $1k on a scope, and don't love the gun, you've still got the scope which can be put on a different gun.
    "You can get more done with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone." ~ Al Capone
    CSAAA ADFGA

That 50 will destroy garbage optics.
    As previously suggested, fewer moving parts (fixed 10x) will hold up much better.
    I killed a crossfire with a 3030. Fixed 10x or double your budget and wait.

Would be a total waste at at 50bmg ammo cost to have your scope giving you grief.
    I'm a displaced redneck, stuck in a city.

CGN Regular
    Thanks for the input on the crossfire, turned down the trade and I'm keeping an eye out. Got my stock today though and my ammo came in so I'm getting closer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Update! I have (to this point)little over $400 saved up for my scope budget but with the Bushnell mail in rebate available I decided to go ahead and buy a 10 x 40 Elite Tactical. It's not a variable magnification like I want but after I get the mail in rebate it will have cost me only $172.00.

Too good to pass on and I can take the NcStar (LOL I know I know) off the rifle! Even though it's a cheap scope I didn't want to destroy it. The Bushnell should tide me over fine until I can save up for a nice quality variable.

CGN Regular
    The Bushnell is a perfect match for that rifle, it was a fluke shot but is used that scope to reach well over a 1km on a 308.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Nice! Ya I have heard many good reviews for that scope so with the $200 rebate and money being tight right now I had to bite and buy it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234