Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: **MORE ADDED ** DAR-701 Lowers on SALE @ Dlask Arms Corp.

**MORE ADDED ** DAR-701 Lowers on SALE @ Dlask Arms Corp.

We have almost reached capacity in our shop with boxes upon boxes of stuff and now we need to clear some of it out. First up are our DAR-701 (AR-15) lower receivers, lowers / LPK installed & Complete lowers w / LPK & butt stock. All found here, just use the drop down to select which level of completion you'd prefer :

https://dlaskarms.com/products/dar-701
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    We have almost reached capacity in our shop with boxes upon boxes of stuff and now we need to clear some of it out. First up are our DAR-701 (AR-15) lower receivers, lowers / LPK installed & Complete lowers w / LPK & butt stock. All found here, just use the drop down to select which level of completion you'd prefer :

https://dlaskarms.com/products/dar-701
    It's interesting how the pending Trudeau regimes (Tuesday next week?) firearm legislation has promoted some significant sales on AR-15 lowers.
    And yes I've taken advantage of same, and my interest in this sale is certainly there.
    But a dumb question before I make the jump...

I know the stripped lower is classed as "restricted firearm" (as are 80% forgings as we all know).
    I'm contemplating one of these DAR-701 lowers, but for at home display purposes only...not for a build.

Now the dumb question...do stripped lowers fall into the following...

Restricted and prohibited firearms

Attach secure locking devices to the firearms; and
    Securely attach them to something that cannot be moved.

Logic and common sense says no. Liberal legislation does not follow logic or common sense. I'm throwing this out there to hopefully hear from someone, some folks that may have had "an actual experience" on this...
    Member of NFA; CSSA; CCFR
    In Life - Every Decade Lived Doubles in Velocity from the Decade Lived Before - And Then One Day

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MountedMadness View Post
    It's interesting how the pending Trudeau regimes (Tuesday next week?) firearm legislation has promoted some significant sales on AR-15 lowers.
    And yes I've taken advantage of same, and my interest in this sale is certainly there.
    But a dumb question before I make the jump...

I know the stripped lower is classed as "restricted firearm" (as are 80% forgings as we all know).
    I'm contemplating one of these DAR-701 lowers, but for at home display purposes only...not for a build.

Now the dumb question...do stripped lowers fall into the following...

Restricted and prohibited firearms

Attach secure locking devices to the firearms; and
    Securely attach them to something that cannot be moved.

Logic and common sense says no. Liberal legislation does not follow logic or common sense. I'm throwing this out there to hopefully hear from someone, some folks that may have had "an actual experience" on this...
    yes they do.

You would have to have one legally deactivated to have it as a showpiece without any locks/cables/etc.

As an example, I'm currently building an M1 garand, and the receiver is on my coffee table:

If I didn't have that lock cable in there, it would be an illegally stored non-restricted firearm.

EDIT: it's locked since I have the bolt in proximity/same room.

Also, the '80% forging' you speak of is prohibited, not restricted, since the RCMP deemed that you could finish it to an 'M-16' automatic fire capable receiver.
    Last edited by tharkhold; 03-16-2018 at 08:26 PM.
    'nada

BANNED
    ^^^^^^Yes you need a trigger lock on a stripped lower( restricted firearm)......pretty disgusting isn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    ^^^^^^Yes you need a trigger lock on a stripped lower( restricted firearm)......pretty disgusting isn't it!
    It also has to be stored locked up in a sturdy, non-transparent container if it's restricted. No lock required if the lower is stored in a safe.

As you pointed out, it can be displayed with a trigger lock, and secured to a non-movable object.

Displaying restricted is a PITA in a house-dwelling, and looks awful, unless it's correctly deactivated.
    'nada

BANNED
    ^^^^^yes that is correct.....i don't know why I'm laughing about this.....it's just absolutely nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    ^^^^^yes that is correct.....i don't know why I'm laughing about this.....it's just absolutely nuts
    Yeah... I had a quick look, and the only places I could potentially display restricteds would be to secure them to the bathroom or kitchen plumbing pipes! haha everything else is 'movable'
    'nada

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    yes they do.

You would have to have one legally deactivated to have it as a showpiece without any locks/cables/etc.

As an example, I'm currently building an M1 garand, and the receiver is on my coffee table:

If I didn't have that lock cable in there, it would be an illegally stored non-restricted firearm.

Also, the '80% forging' you speak of is prohibited, not restricted, since the RCMP deemed that you could finish it to an 'M-16' automatic fire capable receiver.

Ummmm.... you need to reread the rules before handing out free advice. No need for the cable lock. That’s a nonresticted with the bolt removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    Ummmm.... you need to reread the rules before handing out free advice. No need for the cable lock. That’s a nonresticted with the bolt removed.
    You're correct. I forgot to mention that the bolt is within a couple of feet. My bad. Thanks for that. I'll add that in my first response.
    'nada

CGN frequent flyer
    Afraid you are wrong, that Garand is completely disabled and legal without a lock cable he same way a bolt gun is disabled by removal of bolt or removing a firing pin , the firearm is unusaeable!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast