Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optics Suggestions for Serbu RN-50 (Dlask Arms)

Optics Suggestions for Serbu RN-50 (Dlask Arms)

Hey guys, Im just looking around for a good optic for my RN-50 and would like some common sense opinions on a moderately priced unit. The only things I am really looking for are at least 18-20 magnification and not more than $6-700 retail price. This is just a 'fun' gun so I don't feel the need to spend more on glass than the thing cost. Also, I don't have anything else that needs this sort of distance optic so it won't be something that gets switched from rifle to rifle.

Let me know what you guys think, and thanks in advance for your input !
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Regular
    What about one of the new Bushnell Engage series scopes, the 6-24x50mm goes for about $600 before tax and they have a 6-18x50 as well for about $350. Seem to be right in the price range you are looking for.

*Not sure how well they would hold up on a .50 though but at least its a solid brand name that should stand behind it.

CGN Regular
    Look at the price of the products you sell and use your imagination of what a 20 power optic for 6-700$ is going to do for you on a 50bmg perhaps look at a fixed 10x or up your budget, maybe you are just putting it on to look at i don’t know, if so just pick the coolest looking.

The bushnell engage series has me very interested. Some serious reviews too.

What about a Leupold Vari-X II 6-18x40AO? There's a used one on the EE for $550. I've used one for years on a Rem 700 Police, had Korth put target windage and elevation turrets on it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I ran across a scope on Amazon, it's a Secozoom 50 bmg 4-48x65 side focus for $400.00 Can. Ya I know! You get what you pay for and 50 costs money. Some of us have to do it on the cheap or not at all though, if it wasn't for the RN-50 I wouldn't be in the 50 game at all

Hard to find reviews on the Secozoom but the few I've seen say it's OK but that you may have problems with focus at shorter ranges. Focus at longer ranges seems OK.

For that price I may get one and test it out on my RN-50 and see how it works. Right now I have a old bushnell 5-15x40 that seems to work fine but it needs to go back on my 700 Tactical eventually.

I do have a old NcStar 2.5-10x40 that claimed to be tested and OK for use on a 50 but YA! I'm not so confident in that one LOL.

CGN frequent flyer
    Try the STAC 4 x20 MOA Sightron darn good value!

CGN Regular
    This is a joke? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    This is a joke? Right?
    Not really. I don't really have much big gun, long range experience so am asking the community here what their suggestions would be. My main focus is on things like CZ-858s, AR-15's, shotguns and rimfire rifles, none of which can compare to a fifty cal. Right now I have a little Chinese made red dot on it for a joke. I plan to shoot it until it conks out a la Demolition Ranch style. Then I want to put proper glass on it but don't want to be disappointed with my choice.

If you have a suggestion I would be interested to hear it ?
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Regular
    buy a straight 10x the us optics st 10 in the ee for 1400$ is great a swfa 10x can be bad for 400$ or last a bushnell for 250 just don’t think that there are many scopes that can beat these for bang for the buck.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast