Thread: B&T magazine

B&T magazine

I believe a magazine recall notice should be issued, as every single one of the TP9/APC9/GHM-9 magazines are defective.
    I called you guys a while back about how the 5 round pin is installed way to high, making the 5th round so tight it barely snaps in, with absolutely no free play. I got the "well this is how they come from factory, so we can't change it" answer.
    When inserting a fully loaded magazine into the guns with the bolt closed it is very difficult as the magazine spring cannot compress, putting much force on the magazine, the magazine catch, and the bolt itself.
    It's so tight, that sometimes the guns will not cycle in cool weather. In addition, after a short while, the feed lips on the mags wear out, as the 5th rounds are so tight, it prematurely wears out the feed lips, giving feeding issues..

I recommend wolverine try this little test at the shop, without firing any guns, fully load a few mags, insert them in a closed bolt, and try pull back the bolt... now repeat this same step with only 4 rounds inserted. Also try to depress the mag release with 5 rounds in v.s. 4 rounds, you will quickly notice the force required to pull the bolt back is 3-4 times, as well as depressing mag releases.

If this was an easy fix, I would have done it already, but the "rivet" is no ordinary rivet, it is a hardened steel threaded bolt, glued in, flush with no head.. nearly impossible to remove without completely damaging the plastic magazines.

What needs to happen? Simple, free play needs to be created, the 5th round pin needs to be installed about 3/16" lower, so there isn't so much pressure on the feed lips and also allowing the bolt to depress the magazine spring enough to allow the bolt to move freely back when 5 rounds are inserted.
    This affects all magazines, and can only be fixed by starting with new magazines, I am hoping that wolverine will look into this matter.
    I wouldn't post on here if I knew it was just happening to me, or was a "one off", but it's all guns/all mags affected, and I do feel we shouldn't be expected to just live with it.

Hopefully wolverine can assist us with this, without having to delete this thread, or it'll just get posted in another section, but as they are bringing these in, I think it's more their lead on this. I don't think its wolverine's fault, but they do need to work with B&T somehow to straighten this out for us.
    Last edited by Wolverine .303; 03-08-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Well you have brought this up at a unique time, as some of the Wolverine Staff is at the IWA show right now and could speak to Karl Brugger directly. This has been noted and will be passed along.

** I have removed Recall notice from your title as that is misleading.. Recalls do not get created from the consumer, only the manufacturer. That being left will only cause people confusion. **
    Last edited by Wolverine .303; 03-08-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Greatly appreciated! I guess my thoughts were, that they should be recalled.

I'll watch this for any updates or solutions.