Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rem 783 Shorty price and timeline?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Looks very Ruger ish.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Remington finally comes up with a rifle i'd actually buy... then folds. Awesome.

RAP it is.
    Last edited by jparent; 02-14-2018 at 03:30 PM.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    308 for sure!
    CCFR/NFA

wondering how this would compare to the Ruger American Ranch? I have the ruger ranch in 7.62x39 and it shoots great. Would be nice to compare them side by side

CGN Regular
    I haven't looked, they avalably in 7.62x39?

Dam that trigger guard is ugly but I guess it has to be fat and weird shaped because plastic wouldn't be strong enough it was thinner. The rest of the rifle looks ok, but that trigger guard wrecks it. Can you get replacement trigger guards or is that as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedman View Post
    Errr... Isn't Remington filling for bankruptcy???
    Quote Originally Posted by jparent View Post
    Remington finally comes up with a rifle i'd actually buy... then folds. Awesome.

RAP it is.
    Declaring bankruptcy does not mean Remington is gone. Bankruptcy is a legal state where the company is given some protection from creditors.

Remington has not folded and looks like they will be around for some time to come. The name is valuable enough that somebody will pick it up and continue at least some arms manufacturing.

Remember the various ccompanies that made Winchester rifles? Winchester, the USRAC - whaich also re-organised a few times and FN finally acquired the brand name. That's probably similar to what what we'll see from Remington.
    Last edited by jethunter; 02-25-2018 at 08:29 PM.

CGN Regular
    Why a heavy barrel? , sub 6lb 16.5" barrel 308 I'd be interested, shorter barrels are stiffer anyway, why make tacticool anchors, I don't get it. I must be getting old

Quote Originally Posted by lwing View Post
    Why a heavy barrel? , sub 6lb 16.5" barrel 308 I'd be interested, shorter barrels are stiffer anyway, why make tacticool anchors, I don't get it. I must be getting old
    You're not supposed to think about it. The marketing department tries to push all the right buttons - tactical, compact, heavy barrel, blah blah. It's a weird combo and impractical as hell but people will buy it because the marketing appeals to them. Like buying a puppy because they're so cute - you don't think about the backyard full of dog chit until later.
    Last edited by jethunter; 02-26-2018 at 03:09 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    For me this will make a great thick bush hunting rifle

Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    You're not supposed to think about it. The marketing department tries to push all the right buttons - tactical, compact, heavy barrel, blah blah. It's a weird combo and impractical as hell but people will buy it because the marketing appeals to them. Like buying a puppy because they're so cute - you don't think about the backyard full of dog chit until later.
    CCFR/NFA

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast