Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Rem 783 Shorty price and timeline?

CGN Regular
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...y-Barrel/page5

Here's a post about accuracy... .308, though...
    CSSA, CCFR member, former NFA member

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lowburb View Post
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...y-Barrel/page5

Here's a post about accuracy... .308, though...
    Thanks! Not sure why that thread never showed up when I tried the search function. I'm still a bit worried due to victor16's experience. 3" groups off a sled and above average shooter doesn't exactly make me feel warm and fuzzy.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomealvin View Post
    Oh wow, that does not sound like a good group with any 223 ammo/rifle setup. Was the barrel free floated while you were shooting? I was shooting off a bipod (not a sled) with my Savage B22, but I noticed that as I was moving the butt stock of the rifle, the front part of the stock would be touching the barrel. That alone threw my groups from 1-1.5" at 100M to 2-3" groups.

Thanks a lot for the post, and keep us posted.
    I did initial zero using my Harris bipod. Got to about 2 inch groups. Was a little concerned so had my long distance shooting friend use his sled....and he got 3 inch groups. Other friend with same rifle shot 3 inch groups on the sled as well. He used Hornady Superformance Varmint Ammo . 223 Remington 53 Grain I used bulk .223 ammo. Will check with other brands of 55 gr....

Thanks for the tip. I will have my buddy watch and see if the barrel is touching anything next time.

I had good results 3/4" groups with Hornady steel match 55gr. 3" with Barnaul 55gr.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank77 View Post
    I had good results 3/4" groups with Hornady steel match 55gr. 3" with Barnaul 55gr.
    Wow, maybe it's ammo as no way both rifles shot 3" groups....Both rifles were purchased a month apart as the 2nd one wasn't in stock and had to be ordered in so it won't be the same batch....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer unstableryan's Avatar
    Updated timeline for .300 blackout in Canada?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567