Rem 783 Shorty price and timeline?

Suther

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Remington announced at Shot Show they are making a 16.5" version of their 783 rifle.

attachment.php

Whats the price, and how long do I have to wait to get one!?

anyone know if this will have the same length of pull as the regular model or of the compact model?

as per Remington website- 13 3/8 lop , 36 1/8 oal, $60 (US-MSRP) premium vs. 783 c/w scope , 1 in 9 twist...

ETA ??? summer as per another sponsors post ..:confused:

I too want one in .223...:)

Last edited:
Interestingly, Remington says these rifles are 8lbs, while they list the regular full length (albiet not a heavy barrel) rifles at half a pound lighter...

Thats really too bad, I was expecting the shorter rifles to be lighter, but apparently they have a heavy barrel. I'm not so sure I'm interested now lol

Remington has US MSRP up on their webpage, its $459 for this heavy barreled short version, while the regular 783 is listed at $354.

What's the chance they will sell the bolt seperately upon release. Will it even work with the original 783s?

Very unlikely unfortunately. From my understanding it would work but you would have to have the headspacing redone. If you just want it for the better bolt knob you could have your current one threaded and replaced for less than the cost of a new bolt. Myself and a few other members have has it done to our 783's with good results.

yes, have someone do it, or do it yourself. If you are decent with your hands, have some good cutting and grinding tools, and a tap/die set you can do it. I have done two. First one took me about 1.5 hours and it was decently done. my second one took about half an hour and it is even better. Nothing wrong with the first one tbh, but the second threads just cut a tad nicer.

Back
Top Bottom