Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Marlin 1894C 357 Mag/ 38 Spl

Quote Originally Posted by Gravel Agency View Post
    Should start seeing these late spring/mid summer.
    Thanks for the reply. Will be keeping an eye out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    Ya but will it reliably fire .38 ?
    My understanding there is no issue 'firing' a 38, it's whether or not the rifle will cycle them. From what I've read, some do some don't.

My understanding, it's the same with the Marlin 1894 44 Mag / 44 Spl, some rifle's do not like to cycle the 44 Spl.
    I have not tried 44 Spl. in my 1894 44 Mag / 44 Spl.

Quote Originally Posted by CzyHorse View Post
    My understanding there is no issue 'firing' a 38, it's whether or not the rifle will cycle them. From what I've read, some do some don't.

My understanding, it's the same with the Marlin 1894 44 Mag / 44 Spl, some rifle's do not like to cycle the 44 Spl.
    I have not tried 44 Spl. in my 1894 44 Mag / 44 Spl.
    I did use mine in CAS matches so I took mine apart and smoothed it out all the surfaces. But even before then I dont recall any issues with 38.

But I hear ya, YMMV.

I just got my (electronic) issue of Rifle Mag. Vol. 298. The new 1894CS got a very good write-up from Brian Pearce.

Attachment 167203
    My doctor asked if anyone in my family was suffering from mental illness.
    "No", I said, "We all seem to enjoy it."

Member CSSA, CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Nice. Looking forward to grabbing one of these! Would be nice if they came in a 45LC as well.
    CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    Nice. Looking forward to grabbing one of these! Would be nice if they came in a 45LC as well.
    Agreed. Someone here on CGN, although I don't remember who- maybe Geologist, has one of the older ones and worked up some real "thumper" loads with 300 gr. cast bullets as I recall.

That being said, I have a serious temptation for one of the 12" or 16" .357 Chiappas from Wanstall's.
    My doctor asked if anyone in my family was suffering from mental illness.
    "No", I said, "We all seem to enjoy it."

Member CSSA, CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Being waiting years for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    I've been lurking around a few websites looking for the first signs of the 357's hitting the Canadian market . ATM there are a few 1894's in 45LC/45 Colt at a several different retail outlets, you'll just have to search around.

Epps has a Limited edition, a Cowboy and a couple other 1894's in 45 Colt on their site ATM
    Wolverine has a couple as well, a 1894 45 Colt and a 1894 45 Colt Octagon Barrel
    I know of another couple of sites, but they are not a sponsors so I'll not mention.

The 1894's in 44 Mag/44 Spl's have been slowly but surely disappearing from the retailers racks since Christmas. Glad I got my 44 Mag/44 Spl when I did, not many left out there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CzyHorse View Post
    I've been lurking around a few websites looking for the first signs of the 357's hitting the Canadian market . ATM there are a few 1894's in 45LC/45 Colt at a several different retail outlets, you'll just have to search around.

Epps has a Limited edition, a Cowboy and a couple other 1894's in 45 Colt on their site ATM
    Wolverine has a couple as well, a 1894 45 Colt and a 1894 45 Colt Octagon Barrel
    I know of another couple of sites, but they are not a sponsors so I'll not mention.

The 1894's in 44 Mag/44 Spl's have been slowly but surely disappearing from the retailers racks since Christmas. Glad I got my 44 Mag/44 Spl when I did, not many left out there.
    Damn! Thanks!

I guess I will be holding onto my 44Mag model too.
    CSSA Member

Hope to see these come out soon. Anyone hear any rumblings yet?