View Poll Results: How should the WK180-C 7.62x39 be configured?

Voters
1369. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave the lower alone so we can use AR mags!! Think of the pistol mags!!!

725 52.96%
  • Rock and lock those AK mags, the only true option for 7.62x39!

377 27.54%
  • Offer it as a conversion kit only... no point in buying another lower.....

205 14.97%
  • Bad communist caliber.. NYET!!!! No 7.62x39 for you.

62 4.53%
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c 7.62x39

If a 30 AR and or 300 blackout upper were available I would give the x39 a miss altogether

Every option will sell; I said AK mags (or even CZ mags) for the possiblity of making an AK pistol version in the future. Which could lead to opening up possiblities for those who own CZ, AK clones or SKS rifles and therefore a larger market.

If you can make a conversion kit then fine, but leave it a STANAG magwell so we don't have to deal with different lowers. I like rock and lock, but not on this, not with this design. STANAG all the way, pistol mags or not.

I for one want a slim and trim rifle, going AK mags on this is a BIG mistake.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steiner's Avatar
    Stanag is not designed for the x39 round..... that is why it does not perform reliably in this application.
    Stanag is a compromise, and from what I've seen, few people will get 100% function running anything over 6rds in the 10/10 mags. It is actually a reliable only to 5-6rds.
    Many other volume x39 shooters have stated this also.

Stay with the correct x39 magazine design and we get 100% function all the time,... every time,... any time.

This is a non restricted gun made specifically for the Canadian market..... and since there is a restriction of 5 rounds max to a magazine (pistol mags the exception), why all the hot and heavy requests for alternative mags is a bit of a mystery to me.

I have an NEA AR15 in 7.62x39 that runs like a top - using either 5 rounds mags or pistol mags (AR style mags made for 7.62 x 39 rounds). But what I want is a non restricted firearm - that uses the same magazines.

My vote is for an AR style magazine version. Buying just an upper that I could switch out would be best (I’ve already ordered an 5.56 version of this gun).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arpinski View Post
    This is a non restricted gun made specifically for the Canadian market..... and since there is a restriction of 5 rounds max to a magazine (pistol mags the exception), why all the hot and heavy requests for alternative mags is a bit of a mystery to me.

I have an NEA AR15 in 7.62x39 that runs like a top - using either 5 rounds mags or pistol mags (AR style mags made for 7.62 x 39 rounds). But what I want is a non restricted firearm - that uses the same magazines.

My vote is for an AR style magazine version. Buying just an upper that I could switch out would be best (I’ve already ordered an 5.56 version of this gun).
    Wolverine intends to sell it overseas as well
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steiner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Wolverine intends to sell it overseas as well
    If that is the case, then AK mags would be the wisest decision.

What about AK type mags in Pistol size ? ( 10 rounds) i am sure Wolverine can work that out!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Interesting to see that as the number of votes has been steadily increasing the actual percentages have varied very little from the beginning. I think it's safe to come to a conclusion as to what the people want.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Big JD-From the hills View Post
    Skip the 7.62x39, go .300 blackout. It's going to run way more better.
    And the ammo is way more expensive. People want 7.62x39 because it's pretty much the cheapest centerfire rifle ammo out there at the moment.