View Poll Results: How should the WK180-C 7.62x39 be configured?

Voters
1369. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave the lower alone so we can use AR mags!! Think of the pistol mags!!!

725 52.96%
  • Rock and lock those AK mags, the only true option for 7.62x39!

377 27.54%
  • Offer it as a conversion kit only... no point in buying another lower.....

205 14.97%
  • Bad communist caliber.. NYET!!!! No 7.62x39 for you.

62 4.53%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c 7.62x39

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Not sure what conversion kit means. The rock and lock lower that adds an AR adaptor? We see that on 58s and Galils. That would be good.
    No lower, which would mean current configuration ( AR mags ) lower, and only an upper in 7.62x39 would be produced.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    10 shot AR vs. 5 shot AK.

Assuming reliable function it seems like a no-brainer to me.
    And how many 7.62x39 AR got sold? It is quite pothetic. Yet, before M+M and NS fiasco, M+M potential availability created a storm of requests for AK mags. Something to keep in mind.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

CGN Regular
    No to AK mags. Cz858 already has that style if you want style points. Got one already.

7.62, AR pistol mags 10, AR accessories ability, non restricted, built in top rails. Not enough black unrestricted affordable guns on the market. I'm not spending $3K for a SCAR. It's be awesome to have an AR type rifle for bush use.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    AK mags 100% or its no good to me.

Guys who want AR x39 mags should have the option to just buy an upper for their 223 version then
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guess_kto View Post
    And how many 7.62x39 AR got sold? It is quite pothetic. Yet, before M+M and NS fiasco, M+M potential availability created a storm of requests for AK mags. Something to keep in mind.
    And they still have created alot of interest for AK mags.

Plus AK mags HERE in canada I have found cheaper then stanag x39 mags
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    AK mags 100% or its no good to me.

Guys who want AR x39 mags should have the option to just buy an upper for their 223 version then
    This makes sense. Offer uppers only for those who already have .223 version so they can have a quick conversion. Then offer full builds with ak mag lowers and everyone gets what they want, no extra work, win win.
    Sisu - The will of the Finnish people to overcome against impossible odds.

Why the poll? it is not like you guys will stop making the original lower, run it at a smaller scale like one AK lower for every five regular lower, than once everything settles down sell complete uppers and conversion kits with just barrel and bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by hbean View Post
    Why the poll? it is not like you guys will stop making the original lower, run it at a smaller scale like one AK lower for every five regular lower, than once everything settles down sell complete uppers and conversion kits with just barrel and bolt.
    Yup this is the answer right here ^^^^^
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    I voted to make the 7.62x39 version so it uses standard xcr pistol mags. And not because I simply want 10 rounds instead of 5.

When you look at it from a manufacturing perspective it is the most cost effective route to take.

All that would be required is a different bolt, barrel and possibly gas block to make a 7.62x39 version. This results in the fewest new parts needed and the lowest possible design and R&D costs.

The 7.62x39 could be sold for the same price as the 5.56 version. Plus it would open up the possibility of selling just a complete upper to those who already have the 5.56 rifle. Once again the possibility of buying an upper that fits on and functions with your existing rifle is the most economical option.

If they redesign the lower to fit and function with AK mags this will only result in increased R&D and manufacturing costs which will only be passed along to the consumer. Afterall people are wanting to keep this rifle on the cheap.

Not to mention the current lower is an EXACT copy of the already existing NR 180-b lower which is why they were able to keep costs as minimal as they have and at the same time guarantee NR status. Redesign the lower and not only will it result in higher end costs but it MAY result in the need for a re-inspection by the RCMP and possibly a new FRT, which will only hold the process up unnecessarily.

So my vote is to leave the rifle as is and simply start making a 7.62x39 version of what you are already making.

Too many people who want the re designed rifle will b*tch when the end result comes in with a re designed price.

Just my .02
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 02-14-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Yeah but if John could sell way more over seas (like he already stated) taking AK mags, even IF it cost more for R&D he would still stand to make way more then just catering to the few canadians who would want it to take stanag x39 mags.

But I recall people ##### ing about the m10x price increase then being silent on the SLR pre order for 999$ for a stripped reciever set
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER